Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silicone milking liners

Options
  • 22-03-2014 11:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭

Any theories on silicone liners? Having trouble with mastitis at the moment and running out of options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Lots if lads manage to keep it under control without them, so it's probably being caused elsewhere other than liners.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭knockmulliner

Any theories on silicone liners? Having trouble with mastitis at the moment and running out of options

Didn't know you can get them, used silicone milk tubes for a while, went back to rubber. I presume you have gone through all the usual, machine service, liner life, dipping pre and post, sterilise clusters after infected cow ect, animal health, feet, dirty cows ect, stray voltage, yards, roadways ect. You could check out auto dipping/disinfection cups. Afair silicone tubes were hard to keep clean on the outside. Hope this was some help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,278 ✭✭✭frazzledhome

There's an SCC thread may have some answers. We're going through an SCC storm ATM. CMT milk recording and attention to detail is all I've ever found effective

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

There's an SCC thread may have some answers. We're going through an SCC storm ATM. CMT milk recording and attention to detail is all I've ever found effective

How bad is it frazzled?

How bad is it frazzled?

Under control now but 2 collections >400

• Advertisement

Under control now but 2 collections >400

Have you done a sensitivity test?
    We were nearly getting put out of milk 8 yrs ago.
    SCC under 100 now.
    SCC this high after calving is surely due to something happening in the dry period?

Have you done a sensitivity test?
    We were nearly getting put out of milk 8 yrs ago.
    SCC under 100 now.
    SCC this high after calving is surely due to something happening in the dry period?
    Only a few offenders wouldn't want to drop your guard though.

In no danger of being forced out of milk unless AIB decide!

Only a few offenders wouldn't want to drop your guard though.

In no danger of being forced out of milk unless AIB decide!

I know what ye mean. Were still dipping clusters here and trying to keep banks happy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭blackdog1

I had a cow sucking in the dry cows drove me mad for 2 weeks with 3 fresh cows getting mastitis. I was pre , post and disinfecting cubicles. Couldn't figure it until I saw her by chance. .

Just a warning to others.

First option is make sure plant is clean.
    Then make sure your post and pre dipping. Valiant is excellent for post dipping.
    Dissinfect cubicles
    And make sure you have good dry cow therapy

This works wonders for me

And oh watch out for sucking b***hs!

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭satstheway

What make and model liners do you think are giving you the best results. We use the Moorpark approved ones but they puncture very easily if kicked off ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement