Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do shops take smokes back?

Options
  • 22-03-2014 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭

New in this section here, so my apologies, if the following question looks a bit stupid.

I gave up the fags a few days, until now, the e cigs work fine for me.

But I still have 6 packs of smokes in the drawer, won't use them again, so I have to get rid of them somehow. Throwing them out would be a waste of money and nobody I personally know wants them.

So short but sweet, would there be a chance, any shop would take them off me and re sell them? I got them through Tesco Online shopping, receipts? Nowhere to be found :confused:

As far as I know, selling smokes though the usual channels like Adverts.ie or Gumtree is not really legal, I suppose, that's why I was thinking to ask one of the local shops.

Thanks for your advise.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Pique

Would your online order not be kept as part of your Tesco Account?

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭richardw001

Some of the people here smoke and vape - you could check with the moderators if you could put them up for trade here in the forum and see if maybe someone would trade you some vaping gear instead ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Pique wrote: »
    Would your online order not be kept as part of your Tesco Account?

I think, you would be able to trace back old orders alright, but then, would the delivery driver just take them back and put in a refund for me?

Guess, I have to ring customer service then ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Some of the people here smoke and vape - you could check with the moderators if you could put them up for trade here in the forum and see if maybe someone would trade you some vaping gear instead ?

I didn't think about the possibility of trading yet, thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭keithsfleet

Due to counterfeiting you'll struggle to find a shop that will refund or exchange tobacco or call credit.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,897 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

I am unsure of the boards policy on this so I will simply say if anyone wants these cigarettes contact Lars via pm (I believe they are menthol cigarettes) and close the thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement