Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for an old rod

Options
  • 22-03-2014 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭

Was sorting all my gear earlier and found my old trout rod it's a daiwa Vulcan x 7ft

I absouletly love this rod I have it easily 10yrs now had a 12lb salmon on it too

My own spinning rod for salmon is a daiwa exceler 10ft but i can't seem to get a rod that I like But id love to get the Vulcan x in a 10/11 ft spinning rod (15-60g) has to be 2 piece

I presume there not made anymore and the exceler is probably a newer version of It but that's not the point ha

How would I go about finding one ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

Did you try their main site? I was looking for one of their rods a while ago and checked out their website it usually gives you a list of their suppliers you can get in touch with and see if they still stock it.I ended up getting the rod sent from Germany think it came to around €50 with post and packaging but was well worth it they make some excellent rods.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭popsy09

beano345 wrote: »
    Did you try their main site? I was looking for one of their rods a while ago and checked out their website it usually gives you a list of their suppliers you can get in touch with and see if they still stock it.I ended up getting the rod sent from Germany think it came to around €50 with post and packaging but was well worth it they make some excellent rods.

I looked on main site but didn't get in touch with any suppliers the rod must be surely 5years at least old I don't know when they stopped making them

I did find one on John Norris in uk for 25 pound but it's not in great condition and post was another 20 so not really worth it

popsy09 wrote: »
    I looked on main site but didn't get in touch with any suppliers the rod must be surely 5years at least old I don't know when they stopped making them

I did find one on John Norris in uk for 25 pound but it's not in great condition and post was another 20 so not really worth it

Some might still have some that weren't sold.the rod I got is from their old catalogue I evently found a bloke on eBay who had loads in stock

Some might still have some that weren't sold.the rod I got is from their old catalogue I evently found a bloke on eBay who had loads in stock

Interesting , suppose I'll get on the matter today send out emails see what I get back

Interesting , suppose I'll get on the matter today send out emails see what I get back

Just looking there, the number of shops that daiwa have down as stockists is ridiculous I don't fancy sending out a 100 or so emails ha ha

How did you narrow it down ?

• Advertisement

Just looking there, the number of shops that daiwa have down as stockists is ridiculous I don't fancy sending out a 100 or so emails ha ha

How did you narrow it down ?

Eventually I just googled it and a site came up which led me to ebay I emailed the guy because he didn't normally ship to Ireland,an absolute gentleman to deal with,one week later I had it and its tearing fish out of the water haha had a few offers to buy it already

Eventually I just googled it and a site came up which led me to ebay I emailed the guy because he didn't normally ship to Ireland,an absolute gentleman to deal with,one week later I had it and its tearing fish out of the water haha had a few offers to buy it already

My last resort is going to be that rod in John Norris 45 pounds which is what about 60 e for an old beat up rod not sure do I want it that much ha

I'll keep a close eye on eBay and maybe I'll call into local tackle shop see can he source one for me

My last resort is going to be that rod in John Norris 45 pounds which is what about 60 e for an old beat up rod not sure do I want it that much ha

I'll keep a close eye on eBay and maybe I'll call into local tackle shop see can he source one for me

I reckon if you keep searching you'll get one, eBay probably your best bet or email some big tackle shops and see if they have any in old stock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

shame there isnt a pic as there is few models , carp and feeder and all that

also 20/80g would be stiffer action than im used too id imagine as all my rods were 15/60g

but they are definitely worth a email thank you

• Advertisement

Only thing I could find was this its an old ad but his phone number and email are on it

http://www.bodsaa.org.uk/great-clearout

Yup sent him an email already , desperate times :)

Imagine that ha ha

Imagine that ha ha

Haha the fish gods are smiling on you :) good luck with it

Well the rod is no prob a very nice man to deal with 25 pounds and it's never been used I would say new but it's about 7 years old ha

Now the fun starts , postage ,Any suggestions ? He said he charged 25 pounds for the last rod he sent to Ireland but if I can sort my own that's no prob either

Well the rod is no prob a very nice man to deal with 25 pounds and it's never been used I would say new but it's about 7 years old ha

Now the fun starts , postage ,Any suggestions ? He said he charged 25 pounds for the last rod he sent to Ireland but if I can sort my own that's no prob either

Did you try DPD? Last time I got stuff it was through GLS but I've read on here their unreliable it cost 23 euro from Germany to ship with them

This is after coming to a standstill ya man isn't really interested in going to the hassle for posting , I offered to try get a courier but he said no

Let's face it if you received a random email asking about a rod you wouldn't be inclined to go out of your way for a stranger so I can't blame him

I'll have to make do with mine for now and just keep an eye out , ya never know

Maybe tryt That angling expo that's on in swords next year? Plenty of stalls selling lots of gear even stuff that came out a few years ago

Maybe tryt That angling expo that's on in swords next year? Plenty of stalls selling lots of gear even stuff that came out a few years ago

The fact now that I can't find one makes me want it more ha ha .

I'll be on the look out anyway any chance I get ,must call into tw Murray in cork see if they can do anything

The fact now that I can't find one makes me want it more ha ha .

I'll be on the look out anyway any chance I get ,must call into tw Murray in cork see if they can do anything

I'm the exact same I don't care if I have to go to Timbuktu to get it don't know if this is any use to ya

http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/daiwa-vulcan-fishing-rod/1053609158

• Advertisement
Advertisement