Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garden Sheds

Options
  • 22-03-2014 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Does anyone know where I could price good garden sheds? Looking to price both Wooden and Concrete ones :)

Cheers,
    Snipe.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Faing

Can't speak too highly of this company, very good product, prices and customer service. Have bought from them twice (so far).

http://www.steeltechsheds.ie/contact-us/limerick/

• Registered Users Posts: 31 lightpipe

agree with the the above, may not be the cheapest, but the best you'll get

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

I personally wouldn't buy any wooden shed, most rot over time and given the recent weather better to get a steel shed or indeed save up to built a proper shed which I don't think would cost much more.

That been said I Have seen quite a few installs done by steel tech and was always impressed by them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

Faing wrote: »
    Can't speak too highly of this company, very good product, prices and customer service. Have bought from them twice (so far).

http://www.steeltechsheds.ie/contact-us/limerick/

Do you mean, "Cant speak highly enough"?
    That seems a similar price I paid out for putting up a block shed, materials and doing work, maybe slightly less, I'm wondering now if I should have gone a steel shed route. Probably could disassemble it and take it with you. Then again, when I looked at steel sheds they were pricey and some of these are after discounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

cerastes wrote: »
    Do you mean, "Cant speak highly enough"?
    That seems a similar price I paid out for putting up a block shed, materials and doing work, maybe slightly less, I'm wondering now if I should have gone a steel shed route. Probably could disassemble it and take it with you. Then again, when I looked at steel sheds they were pricey and some of these are after discounts.

Problem with Steel sheds is the noise, this is to make a small cinema type deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,884 ✭✭✭✭phog

The Snipe wrote: »
    Problem with Steel sheds is the noise, this is to make a small cinema type deal.

Timber in this country isn't really a long term option.

Re. steel sheds perhaps a layer of insulation inside might help with noise reduction

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

The Snipe wrote: »

A cinema?? I thought this was for a garden shed.
    Would you need some other kind of planning permission for that? regarding neigbours and such?
    Maybe the steel ones are noisy? I dont really know.

I have seen a few chalets in peoples back/side gardens, seem like they are permanantly lived in. They look ok I think, plus they might be better at absorbing noise from outside.
    Id guess the wood is pressure treated or in some other way and if its maintained and water falling on the roof is drained, it should keep in Ireland, many other countries use wood as a consruction material for homes and they manage for years longer, maybe they know the specific maintenance wood buildings require.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Shannonsider

I'm looking for something similar (moving to a rented house so want something that could maybe be disassembled and moved) but from the looks of the pictures, the steel ones need a concrete floor - which means it probably can't be moved and not really interested in a wooden one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Steeltech have a display area at the end of the Dock Road. Have a free browse sure and you'll know right off if it falls short of your cinematic needs.

I bought one there lately and as people said already - not cheap but fine quality product with good sales and construction service - ready in an hour and just the concrete floor to pour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

cerastes wrote: »
    A cinema?? I thought this was for a garden shed.
    Would you need some other kind of planning permission for that? regarding neigbours and such?
    Maybe the steel ones are noisy? I dont really know.

I have seen a few chalets in peoples back/side gardens, seem like they are permanantly lived in. They look ok I think, plus they might be better at absorbing noise from outside.
    Id guess the wood is pressure treated or in some other way and if its maintained and water falling on the roof is drained, it should keep in Ireland, many other countries use wood as a consruction material for homes and they manage for years longer, maybe they know the specific maintenance wood buildings require.

Small scale cinema like, Kinda like a mancave. My dad is big into his movies and he wants to get one so we are looking for one that could fit a TV (about a 42 inch maybe) and a small bit of decor (Some posters and other bits) doesn't necessarily have to be huge.

Was thinking of trying to get it for him for his Birthday in August, so I wanted to start looking now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement