Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pike Fishing Blessington lakes

Options
  • 22-03-2014 5:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hi folks just wondering has anyone being out on the lakes lately? How it fishing? bait, techniques and location? thinking of going out tomorrow morning?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Was chatting to lads in southside other day told me good few pike been caught lately but wouldn't tell me where.
    Because of the amount of pike that's been taken and killed up there over the years the pike fishing has been brutal so when a spot is found that's good , it's kept secret. And rightly so.
    Best advice I can give you is look for nice reed beds and spin it.
    Either using spinners spoons or else a small roach or trout.
    ATM water is pretty low tho

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭macscoob

Yeah might look into going around the mouth of the kings river. Will check that out for a few hours tomorrow. I here frog immatations are pretty goodaround reed beds?. Cheers forthe advice dodder

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭connel42

Yeah fishing appears to be better this year so far
    Good reports of nice pike in different locations
    Some guys boat fishing mark their favourite spots by GPS also using fish finders.
    Still you can blank on the day but that's fishing!

macscoob wrote: »
    Yeah might look into going around the mouth of the kings river. Will check that out for a few hours tomorrow. I here frog immatations are pretty goodaround reed beds?. Cheers forthe advice dodder

• Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Seller159

Anyone been blesso lately for pike? Or any fish? Whats there and is it worth a trip up now?

Was in carrickmcross tuesday for pike didnt get a single bite must have started spawning there only a few perch we caught.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Seller159 wrote: »
    Anyone been blesso lately for pike? Or any fish? Whats there and is it worth a trip up now?

Was in carrickmcross tuesday for pike didnt get a single bite must have started spawning there only a few perch we caught.

Spawning finished in Blesso around 2 weeks ago. Got that info from lad in southside angling.

• Advertisement

Spawning finished in Blesso around 2 weeks ago. Got that info from lad in southside angling.

Really thays good news then :) do you have there beem many caught up there ?

Good reports of Pike caught last weekend.
    All put back of course.
    One guy was telling me he also saw a lot of trout activity.

connel42 wrote: »
    Good reports of Pike caught last weekend.
    All put back of course.
    One guy was telling me he also saw a lot of trout activity.

Thats great to here :) iv heard from quite a few people its no good there that they havent caught anything but that was a while back. So if theres some bein caught there then perfect an trout too :) thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭macscoob

Any idea of bait that they were using?

They were using a range of different lures and one was caught with a fly.
    I am sure others may have been using smelt and such but I am only talking about the guys I was chatting with.
    They were also all fishing from boats so I can't comment on bank fishing.

• Advertisement

All pike been caught up there must be from boat as havent heard anything good about from the bank

Anyone know has anything be getting caught up blesso from banks? Any kinds of fish?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

This may sound absurd but why not just head up and give it a try? You'll never know until you have a go. Nobody would fish anywhere if they all waited for somebody else to start catching. Plus, success or failure at a mark by others is no indictator of how it will go for you. It's a chance to wet a line, practice technique, try out gear etc . And of course not every body who fishes there is on boards either.
    Go on, you know you want to! :)

This may sound absurd but why not just head up and give it a try? You'll never know until you have a go. Nobody would fish anywhere if they all waited for somebody else to start catching. Plus, success or failure at a mark by others is no indictator of how it will go for you. It's a chance to wet a line, practice technique, try out gear etc . And of course not every body who fishes there is on boards either.
    Go on, you know you want to! :)

Yeah i guess ur right better of too find out for my self :) never no what i get maybe a 20pounder :)lol ( i wish).

Thanks man i think i mighy just do that :) wish me look lol:)

Advertisement