Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The importance of financial security for women ? Is it really the be all and end all?

Options
  • 22-03-2014 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hi all I have a issue over the last few years with women in particular that seem to invest their time or want to invest their time with me only for financial gains, or potential financial gains in the future so 5 10 15 years away from now

I find my issue worrying, as I genuinely feel that these women are kind of in a strange way using me or contacting me/communicating with me/spending time
    with me only for financial reasons

It brings me down a bit as I feel that if I wasn't in good job/wasn't going to have a brilliant career etc that these women wouldn't even say hello to me if they walked past me in town, I feel they're only interested in me for money and that's all.. So they don't like me for me.. they don't really think I've a decent personality, they don't really fancy me, apparently all they see is € signs

Some of these women have openly admitted this to me face to face which concerns me even more as it confirms the problem I face

Bizarrely I have come across women who have better salary expectations for themselves and more aspirations in life than myself but I still feel that they're using me in some shape or form for financial reasons

Is this normal behaviour ? What should I do ? Should I go along with these women regardless even though it doesn't feel right or ? Or am I being completely paranoid ??

Is this the price I have to pay for wanting a good career and wanting to get on well in life ?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭CaraMay

What exactly have they admitted to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 helloworld15

Of course there are some women out there like that as I'm sure there are men.
    I could not go out with someone if there was no chemistry, I would not care how much money they had. Lot more to life than money!
    Just keep what you are doing, and if you think they are just with you for the money, either end it or decide what you want! I don't think you should
    ever go ahead with anything if it does not feel right.Best of luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭missjm

I'm finding it difficult to tell if you're either hanging out with the wrong women or you're over thinking their intentions. I'd need a little more detail to judge.
    Speaking as a woman, if entering a relationship with a guy his profession would be of some importance to me. I'd ideally like somebody on a similar or higher level to me. Not because I'd want to sit back and expect them to take care of me but basically to ensure I didn't end up supporting them. I think that is quite common with people and works both ways.

If however you have had these women tell you that they are only after you for your money, that's a different story. I wouldn't entertain anybody with this attitude (male or female). I'd also question how you are meeting so many of them? They're out there alright but it seems a bit unusual you've encountered so many. If you suspect somebody is a gold-digger, give them a swift elbow and move on. Trust me, we're not ALL like that and there are many many women who want to maintain their own financial independence and not have to rely on a man's money!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

OP - we are closing this thread for similar reasons to your last one.
    Please go and seek professional advice, you need assistance on improving your self worth and also your choices in women, clear from not only this thread but your other two, one of which was deleted.

In light of this, and to ensure we protect you from any advice that could damage you further we are closing this thread and request you not to open a similar one here again.
    Please take note - we are not taking this action lightly and cannot stress enough how much we feel you should go and talk to someone.

Thread closed.
    Taltos

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement