Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone riding the Trek Domane with the fancy joint at seatpost ?

Options
  • 22-03-2014 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭

www.worldwidecycles.com gives it a massive writeup claiming that the carbon domane is probably the ideal bike for irish roads ! I'd love to hear any feedback and especially if that coupler joint really is that comfy !!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

davgtrek wrote: »
    www.worldwidecycles.com gives it a massive writeup claiming that the carbon domane is probably the ideal bike for irish roads ! I'd love to hear any feedback and especially if that coupler joint really is that comfy !!

Is Barry selling them?

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭davgtrek

Yea he is from reading the site. I don't think its a shameless plug just cause he's selling them though....

the way they are marketed in general, paris-roubais all that stuff and bikeradar raves about them aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,058 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

I've read a fair few reviews as I'm interested in the design. The main downsides (aside from weight and cost) are that the rear is much softer than the front, leading to the odd sensation of riding two different bikes at the same time. Apparently you have to change your riding style to sit down over the bumps rather than stand up.

My inner cynic (which occupies 99% of my volume) thinks you could get much the same effect on any bike from a cheap suspension seatpost. I used one (from USE) many years ago on my first racer and quite liked it.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭davgtrek

maybe but aren't those suspension seatposts a bulky enough jobbie. maybe they have come on in recent years. It would be cool to test ride a domane just to see.

Advertisement