Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Essential items for Investigation kit.

Options
  • 22-03-2014 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭

Hey,

What are essential items for investigation kit? and where can they be got?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

decent camcorder, pair of eyes, pen and paper would be the essentials I'd say. All you're ever going to be able to do is hopefully record an anomaly and then try and figure out what caused it anyway. Huge wastes of money are 'full spectrum' cameras (unless you go for the one that actually uses full spectrum) and thermal cameras (since its humans who give off heat signals).

Dont forget a torch. But always remember, you are the best tool :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

If you can, get one of those things Bull Murray sprays around Sigourney Weaver's apartment also.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

I generally wouldn't do a camcorder unless you are really serious about reviewing the footage. Out of all the DVRs I've seen used Ive only ever heard of a handful of people actually watching the footage afterwards.

DSLR but you would have to know how to use it. Basic point and shoot if you want to capture loads of "orbs"

Riamfada wrote: »
    I generally wouldn't do a camcorder unless you are really serious about reviewing the footage. Out of all the DVRs I've seen used Ive only ever heard of a handful of people actually watching the footage afterwards."

I do. Not much point in being a paranormal researcher if one cant be arsed doing the actual research. Otherwise, why bother? If you arent going to go through the data afterwards (which in the ten years ive been doing this, is the place where you catch the information) then why bother in the first place?

If its for the ****s and giggles then you're better going to watch a scary movie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

So far I have,

Camcorder with night mode and extender infrared light,
    Audio recorder
    Walkie talkies (We will be a big group, separated into smaller groups)
    Remote infrared thermostats
    EMF detectors

you have more than enough gear there tbh. Personally Ive moved from the lights off idea so I dont use IR anymore.

Advertisement