Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Annie remake

Options
  • 22-03-2014 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭

Movies or musicals... Thought here was a better option.

Anyway. Annie is after being remade & updated, which begs the question "Why?"

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Oh, don't start me on remakes!

"Why??" is exactly my sentiment too. Annie is a classic. What on earth is the point of remaking it when the original still stands the test of time? It's set in the 1930's so it's not like it's dated. :confused:

Can they not come up with something new these days?!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

I've just showed the trailer to my 8 year old who adores Annie & has seen it both on stage & the movie. Her opinion: "Awesome".

I asked her why & she said "It's more modern, there's gymnastics in it, everyone seems cleaner" (lol at the last bit).

I'm guessing they're going for a more inclusive cast (although I think Diaz is miscast, would have preferred someone like Julia Roberts or Nicole Kidman, the latter has the musical chops).

Anyway, what do I know, the kid loves it & "can't wait" so I guess the trailer at least hits the spot.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! Why... just why?! What was wrong with the original!! This version looks like it's going to date terribly quickly too... references to facebook and George Clooney just cheapen it ffs :mad:

*desperately tries to erase the trailer from my memory*

woodchuck wrote: »
    *desperately tries to erase the trailer from my memory*
    I didn't look at the trailer for just that reason. I knew that it would only enrage me too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭rhapsody

Posy wrote: »
    I didn't look at the trailer for just that reason. I knew that it would only enrage me too much.

I wish I had your sense.

Cameron Diaz as Ms. Hannigan?! Ridiculous. I definitely won't be going to see this, the original only for me ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Cameron Diaz really annoys me, she overacts.

I prefer the old Sandy as well :P

• Registered Users Posts: 13 nmrmcs

"If it aint broke, dont fix it!"..... has never applied better to any situation than this awful idea. I dont know why they have to mess with the classics :(

Don't think we'll be an organizing a forum outing to go and see this film in the cinema! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭tomboylady

Why? Just, why?

Advertisement