Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Secondhand carbon bike

Options
  • 22-03-2014 9:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭

Hi, how much can one expect to pay for a second hand full carbon fibre bike frame with shimano 105 groupset? Wheels not necessary as I have a spare pair.

Which would be the better option Bike shop or private sale?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

private sale what make you looking for?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

It depends on the actual bike. I bought my F5 second hand for €900. It was actually in new condition without a single mark anywhere on it. The seller told me he had only done 200 miles on it, I'd have said 2 miles would have been more accurate.

My example isn't reflective of general second hand bikes which in most cases have had a reasonable amount of usage. Prices vary depending on the actual bike but you'll get a decent frame with 105 or ultegra for in around the €1000-1200 mark on a bike which would have cost €2000+ new

There was a Thompson Apollo with full 105groupset on DD a few weeks ago for €750, I'd say it sold for maybe €700 but to a bike seller who advertises on DD and who now has it on for €970

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

Carpenter wrote: »
    private sale what make you looking for?

Specialized if possible. I would like to get one in good condition.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Amprodude wrote: »
    Specialized if possible. I would like to get one in good condition.

Why specialized? What's your budget?

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,093 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

A few of you are very lucky that I'm in no fit state to argue the toss with you individually at this moment in time so i've only deleted your posts

If you have something to sell use the correct sub-forum

Thanks

Beasty

• Advertisement
Advertisement