Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Don't know where I stand

Options
  • 22-03-2014 1:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

So just looking for some advice

I was just out of a relationship about 5 years ago, shortly after I met this bloke whom I got on quite well with and kissed on and off on nights out for about a year, however I was not over my ex so nothing more happened & it stopped, I would see him from time to time over the years & just chit chatted.

Fast forward to December 2013, we got back in touch, mailing each other & catching up. He asked me out few times, I went and had a brilliant time. He texts me everyday without fail.

The thing is he is leaving in a couple weeks to go to Canada for 6 months, he said to come over for a holiday. He has not asked to see me before he goes yet.

So my question is, do you think we are more than friends or does he even like me?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭CaraMay

If he doesn't want to see you before you go, I wouldn't bother going on holidays to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭OzMister

If you want to find that out just keep it simple and ask the guy if he likes you, he obviously does.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Matteroffact

Well first of all he wouldn't text you every day if he didn't like you. He is probably being cagey as nothing ever developed between you before. He is not going for a couple of weeks so there is plenty of time to see you before he goes. I think he likes you but he is not putting all his eggs in one basket. He knows he will be away for 6 months so he cannot commit to you now. If you like him then go over on holidays to him and things will probably develop from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭OzMister

Well first of all he wouldn't text you every day if he didn't like you. He is probably being cagey as nothing ever developed between you before. He is not going for a couple of weeks so there is plenty of time to see you before he goes. I think he likes you but he is not putting all his eggs in one basket. He knows he will be away for 6 months so he cannot commit to you now. If you like him then go over on holidays to him and things will probably develop from there.

Well said!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 hello1986

Thanks for the replies, just quick update so he left and we didn't meet up.
    He had been still texting up until the night before he left.

I think it best, I just try move on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Yeah tbh op, if he didn't even want to see you before he left for six months, you're probably better off trying to forget him.

Advertisement