Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Docker

Options
  • 21-03-2014 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

This is more of a query. Just wondering if anyone is using Docker?
    And if anyone is using it in Production? I've known about it a fair while now but only really getting to play with it properly yesterday/today. Already thinking about the different things I can do with it. Seeing as Red Hat will support it out of the box with RHEL7 I guess now is a good time to get familar with it!

Any thoughts? If you're using it describe what you're doing with it. :)

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

Docker is the shizz, Im using containers instead of vm's for my college FYP. I have built a proof of concept IaaS & PaaS system. Using OpenStack and Docker. Docker forms the PaaS part. Openstack will spin up pre-made docker containers instead of full blown, bloated vm's, eg ubuntu/fedora servers, mysql instance, etc...normal college IT services.
    Im just waiting for the next release of OpenStack for proper docker integration it was pulled from last release (Havana) due to the docker driver not working correctly in Nova. :(

Docker is definitely the future !!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Thanks for the input. Just don't have the time I'm afraid to have a proper play with it. Maybe set it up on the work laptop.
    Anyway yeah I can really see it taking off, seems like I'll have to get familiar with it whether I like it or not! =D Maybe use Puppet too. Good video here from Tomas Doran.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 1,334 Mod ✭✭✭✭croo

I normally have a bunch of VMs for testing, demos & generally playing about so this looks really interesting .. thanks for highlighting.

It was FYP demo day in UL yesterday, I was showcasing Docker as part of my project, showed a fella from IBM and a few other tech companies, they were well impressed with it !! :pac: :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

This docker thing will never take off :{)

• Advertisement

Im flat out with kubernetes and docker at work !!

I should of bought shares in docker back in 2014

Advertisement