Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fertilizer brands

Options
  • 21-03-2014 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

Was justing wonder would target fertilizer be the same as gouldings or is one brand better than the other at growing grass ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

135man wrote: »
    Was justing wonder would target fertilizer be the same as gouldings or is one brand better than the other at growing grass ??

I was often wondering the same myself, seems to be getting popular around here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

Bought my phosphorus of grassland this year. Some kick off it already. Buying straight N off gouldings

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭135man

My local co-op the fertilizer is all target kerry agri business shop 6 miles away it's all gouldings

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭f140

I specify anything but grasslands. find its often just pure dust.

my preference is 1st ifi 2nd nitrofert

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

f140 wrote: »
    I specify anything but grasslands. find its often just pure dust.

my preference is 1st ifi 2nd nitrofert

Well timac have bought them now so might be different. Seems good stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Zr105

Would have to say have had a preference for target lately! Find you never have any issues with dust etc, and no matter what the compound your spredding(ie can or 18-6-12) the setting for say bag/acre is the same. With other brands it seems to vary depending on each particular compound... :( gouldings is grand to,

Think it may have been a bag of grassland i spread last year that was unreal for dust, it went in to spreader on top of another brand and the minute it hit the disk you new all about it, sudden cloud of dust blowing around, bloody tractor was destroyed and it wasn't even a windy day :(:(

Advertisement