Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kate Bush to play live again

Options
  • 21-03-2014 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,120 ✭✭✭

I for one am ridiculously excited about this. She hasn't toured since 1979. Dates only in London in August and September for now and given that her only previous tour lasted 6 weeks, that might well be it. Expect this to sell out fast.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

Haha I just posted about this in the chat thread. I wonder how she will adapt to performing live again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,120 ✭✭✭mosstin

Haha I just posted about this in the chat thread. I wonder how she will adapt to performing live again.

She's had 35 years to get used to the idea! ☺

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Anyone know how to get a presale code for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

she only performed once anyway......thank goodness!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,358 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I'm really really excited but also really really worried I won't get a ticket.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,120 ✭✭✭mosstin

S.M.B. wrote: »
    I'm really really excited but also really really worried I won't get a ticket.

Highly likely you won't I think. Bound to be huge demand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭youtube!

Surely with her range but at her age she is gonna have to drop it down a key or two? Just can't see her hitting the high ones at her age.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

Is she still alive, was she not cremated.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

monkeynuz wrote: »
    she only performed once anyway......thank goodness!

Was a big fan in my school days but remember being told about her performance fiasco live.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

youtube! wrote: »
    Surely with her range but at her age she is gonna have to drop it down a key or two? Just can't see her hitting the high ones at her age.

Age alone would not be THE problem, besides she's only 55 years of age. If she has kept up her training [if she ever had any] and practiced three times a day and so on, she's still be in fine form vocally.

• Advertisement

mosstin wrote: »
    Highly likely you won't I think. Bound to be huge demand.
    The huge demand is inevitable but someone has to get their hands on tickets. If last night you gave me odds of 1/10 to seeing Kate Bush live I'd have bitten your hand off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

Babooshka Indeed. She had a great voice, I just hope she still has it ;)

KateBush_zpsc429e95a.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭Seanachai

Is the chance of getting the ticket dependent a lot on broadband speed or type of card used or is it just random luck and how fast you can go through the process?. Assuming there's going to be thousands of people hovering over computers before March 27th turns into March 28th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭jesse pinkman

Wow! . . unbelievable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

Unbelievable that she actually has the nerve lol....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,194 ✭✭✭emo72

is this a case of no royalties from music sales, and being forced back to perform to earn a few shillings?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,212 ✭✭✭bullpost

Highly unlikely. She is still reckoned to be very wealthy and she is one artist whose fans are pretty loyal and have purchased her albums in numbers.
    emo72 wrote: »
    is this a case of no royalties from music sales, and being forced back to perform to earn a few shillings?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,377 ✭✭✭cml387

I remember reading the reviews of the concerts in the NME at the time.
    They were not kind.

In fairness she was ahead of her time in what she was trying, and other reviews were better.

Roll on the 30th of September!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,212 ✭✭✭bullpost

Entire 22 dates sold out in 15 minutes . This from someone who has released little more than a handful of albums over a very long career and who has not toured since 1979.
    Great to see there are still some artists who do things entirely on their own terms and succeed through sheer talent

• Advertisement
Advertisement