Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance for an 18 year old

Options
  • 21-03-2014 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi. Planning on going to college in Carlow or Thurles ( that direction anyway) living in leitrim at the moment and plan to buy a 1.3 hatchback corolla to get me up and down in september. I will be 18 with a full drivers licence by september. I would love a diesel but insurance and tax would be much higher and doubt i could afford it.

Wondering how much insurance might be.. Cant ring for qoutes as its too far away.

thinking of going under my fathers name as a named driver. (yes i know its not entirely legal i don't think ,,so please don't lecture me about it, it's not what im asking for)

also my father will only have a years no claims bonus in september.

Any ideas would be appreciated.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭hognef

Wondering how much insurance might be.. Cant ring for qoutes as its too far away

You can give them today as your 18th birthday. No need to be 100% truthful just to get a quote. There are of course no guarantees that the price won't change between now and September, but that'll be the best way to get a close estimate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

shanemcg96 wrote: »
    thinking of going under my fathers name as a named driver. (yes i know its not entirely legal i don't think ,,so please don't lecture me about it, it's not what im asking for)

also my father will only have a years no claims bonus in september.
    It's called 'insurance fraud'. Just wait until you have a claim and watch how quickly the insurance company get out of paying because you defrauded them.

Advertisement