Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nike air Max 1

Options
  • 21-03-2014 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

Picked this up at Kildare village Nike outlet last night for a good deal 53:90 euro from 110 , lots of size 8 in two colours

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 dakota2010

Hi thanks for that. What two colours were available? Was there many pairs left in size 8? :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Those are some ugly runners you got there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭mcw92

People still wear these??? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭budgemook

Those runners are class. Just size 8's?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Those are some ugly runners you got there.

100% incorrect.

Did they happen to have any early Jordans there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,864 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

mcw92 wrote: »
    People still wear these??? :P

I think there is a certain calibre of people who still think these are cool. They usually have their adidas tracksuit tucked into their socks too. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭bert911

budgemook wrote: »
    Those runners are class. Just size 8's?

i just remember seeing a lot of stacked boxs of size 8 , this shoe is a new release for spring summer .. best to ring if traveling http://www.jdsports.ie/120239/120239-air-max-1

http://store.nike.com/ie/en_gb/pd/air-max-1-essential-shoe/pid-871259/pgid-638412#/ie/en_gb/pd/air-max-1-essential-shoe/pid-1471091/pgid-638412

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭bert911

Next week, Nike will pay tribute to their top-selling running sneaker the Air Max 1. On Mar. 26, the sneaker giant is celebrating “Air Max Day” in honor of the 27th anniversary of the iconic shoe.

The Air Max 1, which is considered the cousin of the Air Jordans, was a revolutionary sneaker when it was released in March 1987. The Nike air cushioning bubble became the window to the sole and changed how the brand designed its running sneaker.

“If we actually cut away some of the midsole and expose the airbag so you could see it, then people will understand it,” said Tinker Hatfield, who designed the innovative sneaker.

To kick off the festivities, Nike is releasing a limited edition Air Max 1, which comes in its original red/white colorway and boasts a volt color on the midsole, accentuating the visible Nike Air. On the tongue is “3.26″ to mark Air Max Day.

The Air Max 1 “Air Max Day” sneaker drops on March 26 at select Nike Sportswear and Nike.com.

Read More: Nike to Celebrate ‘Air Max Day’ | http://theboombox.com/nike-celebrate-air-max-day/?trackback=tsmclip

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

My, my.....

Some of the comments on here re. sneakers.....so innocent. There's a whole world out there that some of you are clearly just oblivious to. Do people still wear these? Yes, they do...millions and millions of people do. There are tribes of collectors in almost every major and indeed minor city in the world. There are sneaker conventions. There are retail and resell markets. The hype around new releases is incredible. There are huge sub-industries built around sneakers - from the areas of fashion, advertising, marketing, PR etc. a few years ago as part of a masters, I did a thesis on retro marketing in sneakers. The are literally hundreds of academic research papers written on the braod area of sneakers. There are many books about the subject. There are even documentaries. It's a richly layered universe.

Just because you know nothing about something doesn't mean it's not a vibrant, thriving movement. I have 300+ pairs. Am I a scumbag track suit wearing skinhead? About as far from it as you could possibly imagine. Stop being so judgemental.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,557 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

You've only got two feet, you know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,840 ✭✭✭RayCon

bert911 wrote: »
    ithis shoe is a new release for spring summer ..

... I had that exact same shoe about 15yrs ago ..... so it's more of a re-release ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭budgemook

300 pairs is a bit excessive ;)

I don't ever wear tracksuits but a nice pair of air max or new balance look great with slim fit jeans and are very popular around the place so I don't really get the comments. Head up south william street and there's a mix of these types trainers, plim sole trainers or those suede hipster booty things. Not mad about the latter.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I have 300+ pairs.

My hero.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

I have to say, regardless of peoples perception of how these runners look, I challenge anyone to put on a pair and not to say they're the most comfy shoes ever :)

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Woodpecker1

Do yas remember these .
    http://pumpmylife.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/reebok-pump-twilight-zone-pumpmylife.jpg

I remember saving my baby sitting money for 6 months to clam together the 100 pound to buy them.

Was too cool for school.

The mid 90s was gas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

The next time I buy a pair of Nike shoes will be when Marty Mcfly's become affordable.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭ChopShop

Soarer wrote: »
    100% incorrect.

Did they happen to have any early Jordans there?

Brand Jordan have stopped sending Retros to outlets, IIRC.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Quazzie wrote: »
    I think there is a certain calibre of people who still think these are cool. They usually have their adidas tracksuit tucked into their socks too. ;)
    :rolleyes:

I'd definitely wear them and I don't even own a tracksuit.
    Do yas remember these .
    http://pumpmylife.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/reebok-pump-twilight-zone-pumpmylife.jpg

I remember saving my baby sitting money for 6 months to clam together the 100 pound to buy them.

Was too cool for school.

The mid 90s was gas.
    I had them when they first came out. Mine had white laces though, iirc.

Quazzie wrote: »

Pretty judgemental comment dude. Ever been to New York? You'll see people from all walks of life wearing sneakers of all descriptions almost everywhere you go.....and I've never seen any of them wearing adidas tracksuits tucked into their socks. But hey, never let an easy and lazy stereotype get in the way of making a point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Look at any twenty something no matter how wealthy they are. They will have a few pairs of Nike's like ops. You watch made in Chelsea and some of them are millionaires and wear nothing but runners and sneakers. You see women in NYC wearing a pair of Nike and a $10 k handbag in her hand.

Fashion is universal and just because an Irish person thinks a brand and a style of shoes is for a working class person doesn't make a difference to the hundreds of billion dollar industry that is fashion. Open GQ and you will see dozens of men wearing runners with formal suits and not crusty old men shoes like Irish men wear

• Advertisement

wernstrom! wrote: »
    Brand Jordan have stopped sending Retros to outlets, IIRC.

Nope, you can still pick up Jordans at Outlets. Last time I was in the US (December '13) at an outlet they had Jordan 1 Mids, Spiz'ikes and numerous non-basketball Jordan shoes in a Nike Outlet.

Closer to home I was in Blanchardstown Nike Outlet a couple of weeks ago and they had Jordan 1 Mids in 2 colours and 2 colours of the Son Of Mars.

With any outlet though it's pot luck as to what's available when.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭gsp119

Nike Air Max Day !! or Paddys Day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,932 ✭✭✭dodzy

I have 300+ pairs....
    Sweet mother of Jesus. Please tell me that was a typo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

hfallada wrote: »
    Look at any twenty something no matter how wealthy they are. They will have a few pairs of Nike's like ops. You watch made in Chelsea and some of them are millionaires and wear nothing but runners and sneakers. You see women in NYC wearing a pair of Nike and a $10 k handbag in her hand.
    That's because it's much harder to run for the subway in the Jimmy Choo killer heels, so they're in the 10k handbag.... :D

Advertisement