Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of Dental Braces

Options
  • 21-03-2014 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭

Has anyone had experience of dental braces for a 20 year old. Preference would be for invisible type, but all options considered. How long are they normally kept on for?

Where is the best value (without loss of quality of care and product)?

T

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭youtube!

I was quoted 3 grand for my daughter's braces and that was up north,they cost a bloody fortune to get done properly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

Price really depends. Mine were 3.5 grand. Not sure what the "invisible" ones are, but I've got the white brackets and you can still see them.

The duration really depends on how much they need to move. Quality over cost is best kept in mind when getting braces. You're not just paying for the brace procedure, but actually having them moved, adjusted etc to ensure you've got great teeth at the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

There is a dental forum on boards maybe the mods might move this there you will get more answers.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭pinkfloydian

Thanks fitzgeme

If there is a dental forum, I'd like to move this post.

How do I do this

T

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

youtube! wrote: »
    I was quoted 3 grand for my daughter's braces and that was up north,they cost a bloody fortune to get done properly

I know an orthodontist in Dublin city that does braces for €3,500 and that is covering braces that take over 2 years to correct any issues with the teeth. It includes a regular check up. If you live in dublin and are constantly up and down to the north. How much does it really cost? A lot more than the price you are originally quoted.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Moved from H&F.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Advertisement