Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl: 2 x sliced bread for €1.20

Options
  • 21-03-2014 12:05pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭

2 white pans 800g for €1.20 (save 18c)
    2 brown pans 800g for €1.20 (save 38c)

It's for the next few days. Every Lidl helps.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭baingal nancer

snubbleste wrote: »
    2 white pans 800g for €1.20 (save 18c)
    2 brown pans 800g for €1.20 (save 38c)

It's for the next few days. Every Lidl helps.
    Altough I buy a lot in lidl, bread is not one of them,never find there bread fresh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

bread is the only thing i wouldn't buy in lidl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

• Registered Users Posts: 20,242 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Bread there is not great to be honest,but maybe a good deal for a family with lunches to make for school.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

That was interesting ,look at the competition now, Dunne's and super Quinn must have been raking it in back then.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

I remember in the late 90's or early 00's when there was a REAL bread price war, think the price of sliced pan went as low as 9p.

Satriale wrote: »

New innovation of the salad bar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Although I'm a big fan of Lidl and Aldi, I find their bread goes hard very, very quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

Although I'm a big fan of Lidl and Aldi, I find their bread goes hard very, very quickly

keep it in the fridge

jay0109 wrote: »
    keep it in the fridge
    bread in the fridge isnt the best as it drys out quicker, better to freeze some of it on day of purchase

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭arch20000

I think the aldi bread is brilliant bread. Agree about lidl bread though ....usually near best before date too.....dates poor too.. except the bakery stuff which is good.especially those new biscuits for 39 cents....mmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Bread out of Lidl's bakery in Wexford is lovely. I would buy any of the packaged stuff though

• Registered Users Posts: 22,351 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Some of the Lidl Brown sliced pans are ok, but the white bread is only really good for toast

Advertisement