Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pre-partnership Agreement

Options
  • 21-03-2014 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

We have a "company" by company i mean four people working together on a project. We have made no money but are very soon going to. We have agreed on equity verbally which was done when the third member joined. But no written agreement.

What I was wondering was is it possible to call a board meeting a take a vote on who gets what percent of the equity. One member hasnt been pulling there weight and we wish to re assign him less equity.

What would happen in the case he refuses ?

Dose a verbal agreement hold up or can this be over written when we write up a partnership agreement?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

Are you an incorporated company?

You have s.205 (oppression) obligations to comply with if so. Be careful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭234

bawn92 wrote: »
    We have a "company" by company i mean four people working together on a project. We have made no money but are very soon going to. We have agreed on equity verbally which was done when the third member joined. But no written agreement.

What I was wondering was is it possible to call a board meeting a take a vote on who gets what percent of the equity. One member hasnt been pulling there weight and we wish to re assign him less equity.

What would happen in the case he refuses ?

Dose a verbal agreement hold up or can this be over written when we write up a partnership agreement?

You don't have a company, you have a partnership, and you definitely need legal advice.

Partnership can be a complicated area and you need to be made aware of the fiduciary duties towards your co-partners that come with partnership. It would be advisable to draw up a written partnership agreement as soon as possible.

Also, there is no equity in a partnership, just agreements as to ownership and profit-sharing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

There was a band who was happy in the haze of a drunken hour before they became miserable as the result of bitter litigation. Now they'd much rather kick each other in the eye. :pac:

Oh yeah, so my point was; get legal advice!

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,715 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

There was a band who was happy in the haze of a drunken hour before they became miserable as the result of bitter litigation. Now they'd much rather kick each other in the eye. :pac:

Oh yeah, so my point was; get legal advice!

Have you posted that before or did I just experience possibly the strangest déjà vu ever?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

Have you posted that before or did I just experience possibly the strangest déjà vu ever?

I hope I didn't! Maybe I did post about the Smiths and litigation concerning partnership before, but surely not the reference to that one song.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,715 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

I hope I didn't! Maybe I did post about the Smiths and litigation concerning partnership before, but surely not the reference to that one song.
    Scary.

Advertisement