Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Buying a Second Hand 2011 Renault Fluence

Options
  • 21-03-2014 10:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

I’m looking at buying a 2011 Renault Fluence and I’m just looking to get some feedback from current or previous owners.

How do they drive? Have they been reliable and are the efficient?

The model I am currently looking at is the “1.5 DCI 90 TOM 4DR TOMTOM” edition but I have an inclination to go for the greater horsepower version. I’m not overly worried about the satnav either so is there a big drop down in spec to the Dynamique?

Cheers
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭gizmo555

Got an '11 TomTom Fluence automatic two months ago - like yourself, I wasn't that pushed about the satnav (It's not online and you have to pay a subscription to keep the maps up to date - I have a much better free satnav on my Nokia phone!). We just needed an automatic and this was the best one available 2nd hand in our budget at the time.

It's comfortable, drives well but it's too soon for me to comment on reliability. It's under Renault warranty till mid-2016 though, and that's reassuring.

Fuel efficiency is great for an auto - easily getting over 55 mpg on a long run. Road tax of €200 a year is a big plus too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭veetwin

No direct experience of them but a mate is on his second one have come from a 1990's Mercedes C class. He raves about them; economy, equipment level, refinement, practicality etc. Personally I think it's worth paying only a little extra for the tomtom edition. As stated any smart phone or €100 sat nav will do the job just as well. All told they are very good cars for very small money.

Advertisement