Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I right to end it early ?

Options
  • 21-03-2014 2:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

Went on holiday to a neighbouring country(I live abroad), met a girl there. Ended up staying with her for 3 days of my holidays. We get on really well When I got home we talked every night via Skype etc. She came to visit me after a month for 4 days, we had a great time. Being a teacher I only have holidays in July and Jan/Feb (English teacher abroad). I met her in Feb (it was when I was on holidays) and I can't see her this July as I have to go back to Ireland. She is love after 2 months...I'm not sure how..everyone is different. I do really like her, but I'm not in love yet, long distance relationships are hard and I need to spend time with someone in the flesh before I love them. Last night I tried to tell her that it is better if we are only friends...she broke down in tears asking why, why why ?

She said she is willing to travel over here every month...but it is so expensive I feel this would be taking advantage of her.

Also, I have 2 days off after a weekend in May...where I could possibly see her. But if we do...then isn't this prolonging the inevitable..that I won't be able to see her when I want ?

Was I right to tell her this ? Is this the best way ? Should I arrange to see her in May for 2-3 days ?

I feel so awful as she is in love, I do really like her though so it hurts me to see her like this, but I think it's for the best in the long run.
    Sorry for the long ramble

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭R.D. aka MR.D

If you don't see a future in the relationship then don't prolong it.

I live in Asia and i see it all the time with guys/girls who start seeing locals that they are very quick to say 'i love you' etc. Honestly, i don't think those words have the same implication/meaning that they do in the west.
    Maybe you are in a country more similar to the west but if you are feeling guilty because she says that she loves you, ask yourself do you think that she really means it.

Also, you should never be with some one out of guilt.

Advertisement