Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jim Ross to do an AMA! Who else in the business would you like to see do one?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,093 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Punk obviously springs to mind, Jim Cornette too but the swear jar would fill up fast.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

The one that springs to mind for me, would be Vince - not 100% sure what id ask but there would be o so many options with him.

• Site Banned Posts: 433 ✭✭Donegal Dan

Jim Cornette too but the swear jar would fill up fast.

You are very much in luck ;)

http://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/20mxqs/i_am_jim_cornette_ama/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Chris Benoit Ouija Board

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

They seem a bit redundant for the most part tbh. Most of the controversial figures who would be interesting have already gotten their views out there through shoot interviews, or twitter. Had a scan through the cornette one and he didn't really offer anything new, also ignoring a good few question which could have had interesting answers.

In saying that JR is the right type of person to get for them. He would have a lot of interesting knowledge about backstage stuff but he won't slate McMahon or anyone in the company.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Jim Ross already answers questions regularly on his blog.

Hopefully the AMA will encourage him to be a bit more open on his answers though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Turtyturd wrote: »
    They seem a bit redundant for the most part tbh. Most of the controversial figures who would be interesting have already gotten their views out there through shoot interviews, or twitter. Had a scan through the cornette one and he didn't really offer anything new, also ignoring a good few question which could have had interesting answers.

In saying that JR is the right type of person to get for them. He would have a lot of interesting knowledge about backstage stuff but he won't slate McMahon or anyone in the company.

Yeah unless there's in the imbibing of true serum involved I not too interested.

Pat Patterson's audiobiography is the next thing I am looking forward to in terms of the next great untold story in Wrestling.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

rovert wrote: »
    Yeah unless there's in the imbibing of true serum involved I not too interested.

Pat Patterson's audiobiography is the next thing I am looking forward to in terms of the next great untold story in Wrestling.

is that in the pipeline?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

D.Q wrote: »
    is that in the pipeline?

Yep.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,349 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Great news, hopefully he doesnt hold back on Vince (for once!)

Jim Ross will always be a company man even when he's not working for them. As long as they sell his BBQ sauce on the website he will never say a bad work about them even if they didn't I dont think he would anyway.

Jim Ross is a Cornette type.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,093 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Bet JR will get a few questions on the Owen Hart incident, what was it like having to go on with the show. He was an epic commentator in the mid to late 90s and early 2000s.

Does anyone remember him and Dr Death Steve Williams setting up a commentators booth on Raw one night, can't for the life of me remember what that was about, might join reddit and ask him. That or ask him which was his most satisfying scout find.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Bet JR will get a few questions on the Owen Hart incident, what was it like having to go on with the show. He was an epic commentator in the mid to late 90s and early 2000s.

Does anyone remember him and Dr Death Steve Williams setting up a commentators booth on Raw one night, can't for the life of me remember what that was about, might join reddit and ask him. That or ask him which was his most satisfying scout find.

It was angle where JR was hijacking his job back from Michael Cole, IIRC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Afaik he had always wanted Dr Death to get a gig in WWF. Ross had been off TV with an illness (bells palsy) and when he returned he briefly played a heel as Michael Cole had taken over his spot. It was dropped a week or two later and Cole then introduced him to do commentart on the Wrestlemania main event.

Jim Ross will always be a company man even when he's not working for them. As long as they sell his BBQ sauce on the website he will never say a bad work about them even if they didn't I dont think he would anyway.

Jim Ross is a Cornette type.

Nice typo :p:

That or ask him which was his most satisfying scout find.

I am not aware of all the guys he was responsible for but of the top of my head I would go with Lesnar. Can remember a few times where he mentioned this.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I am not aware of all the guys he was responsible for but of the top of my head I would go with Lesnar. Can remember a few times where he mentioned this.

The Rock and Mick Foley also spring to mind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

I think that was Jerry Briscoe. I am reading Lesnar's book (its more a diary tbh some chapters are like 3 pages long) & I think he said thats who first approached his coach. He didn't mention Ross much so far bar this dumb quote JR told him about WWE being 1 big family. Lets just say Brock didn't buy into it.

The Rock and Mick Foley also spring to mind

Like I said I am not really familiar with his 'finds'.

I think Orton could have been another...can definitely remember him overusing the phrase Blue chipper' around the time of his debut.

He should have never been let go, Vince hates anyone with more brain cells than him.

He should have never been let go, Vince hates anyone with more brain cells than him.

Haha I'm as big a fan of JR as anyone but that is a ridiculous statement.

• Advertisement

D.Q wrote: »
    Haha I'm as big a fan of JR as anyone but that is a ridiculous statement.

Name someone at management level who's smarter than Vince?

And please dont say "HHH", he's more a politician than anything else.

I'm not familiar with most of the management Team to be honest, but I would imagine there are plenty of very clever business execs towards the too of that company. My point was that saying that Jim Ross, an announcer, is smarter than the billionaire head of a global company was a bit of a reach.

http://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/21m7s5/jim_ross_here_for_todays_ama_anxious_to_get/?limit=500

jimrossAMA wrote:

I never thought I chastised anyone especially those who know what they are talking about and use the insider terms correctly. No one has more respect for wrestling fans than I do. However, some fans gain a small amount of knowledge and all the sudden become experts who feel that those of us who have been in the biz for years know nothing about it.

Cliff notes: lots of barbeque talk, hell in a cell 1998 gets mentioned a lot,WWE HOF is his career highlight, lots of questions about doing more Legends of Wrestling roundtable,

A reddit AMA with a former WWE employee who I assume was on the writing staff.

http://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/20u2bf/wwe_questions_ama/

Questions specifically on WWE's office building:

A reddit AMA with a former WWE employee who I assume was on the writing staff.

http://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/20u2bf/wwe_questions_ama/

Questions specifically on WWE's office building:

This was so much better that the safe Jim Ross AMA. Recommended reading.

TheJimmelMy

Funniest thing you heard Vince say off-camera?

[–]MetsFan4Ever

He once cut an on camera he was doing because he had to fart. He then let out a massive fart.

:pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Jim Cornettes AMA was hilarious.

He really hates the modern wrestling industry and vinny mac.

Advertisement