Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Land Registry Search

Options
  • 21-03-2014 12:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭

Is there anyone that could do this for free for me, I just want to see who if anyone, owns a derelict house beside me that has unfortunately sent a few rodent visitors my way.

I was given a name but want to be sure.

Apparently its €125 to set up an account :(:eek:
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

THey have a counter in the office I know they will do just one search but no idea of cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭wench

You don't need an account, you can buy any individual folio record for €5.

Their site for non-account holders is here
    https://www.mypropertytitle.ie/praMap.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭Pinkycharm

wench wrote: »
    You don't need an account, you can buy any individual folio record for €5.

Their site for non-account holders is here
    https://www.mypropertytitle.ie/praMap.aspx

Title Level: The area selected is not registered with the Land Registry. Information about this property may be available from the Registry of Deeds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Kelly06

Unfortunately it's an unregistered title so. This means that a memorial of the deed that was executed is kept in the register. You would need to know the names of the grantor or grantee and the approximate date / year that the deed was executed in order to trace ownership. The registry of deeds is located in the kings inns buildings in the back of Henrietta street in dublin however information such as maps are not held there so it's very hard to trace records of properties.

If you are worried about the rats you can get on to the environmental health officers of your local council also the local health board will usually have a section dealing with exterminating rats and this is a free service.

Another thing to do would be to contact your council about having the property deemed a derelict site under the derelict sites act however this very much depends on the condition of the property. It can also be deemed a dangerous building under the sanitary services act. Hope this info has been of help to you!

Advertisement