Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MA Writing - practical questions

Options
  • 20-03-2014 11:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi all,

I've been offered a place for the Writing MA, NUI Galway, and now I'm trying to understand more of the everyday aspects of this. I haven't done any studying in Ireland, so if anyone can help with some info, I'd be grateful. Didn't find this anywhere on boards (or the web itself).

1. I have to take six modules in total. Guessing I'll take three per semester, how many hours per week would that roughly be?

2. Does any student residences accept pets (I have two cats)?

3. Anyone doing a postgraduate program in NUI Galway and living in Dublin? That's my situation right now, not sure if I want to move or not, if I'll only need to be there for a couple days a week.

Thanks!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭Ficheall

If you are facing difficulties while writing your essays. You can try this website, I tried this, it can do wonders: http://www.helpforassignment.com/
    Any suggestions for where to go if you have difficulty reading the question you're asked?
    lorisgirl wrote: »
    Hi all,
    3. Anyone doing a postgraduate program in NUI Galway and living in Dublin? That's my situation right now, not sure if I want to move or not, if I'll only need to be there for a couple days a week.

Thanks!!!
    Unless the two expected two days you've to be in Galway and you've a great job or beau in Dublin, or want to stay there for family reasons, then you should move to Galway. It's far nicer than Dublin. (Though Stephen's Green was gorgeous yesterday...)

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭DroghedaTutor

I'm applying for the same Masters this month and would be very intereted to hear what you included in your portfolio.

Re the time commitment per module, I suggest you contact the NUI English department direct.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Wooster14

I am a current MA Writing student at NUIG. Happy to answer any questions

Advertisement