Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice walks in or around the city

Options
  • 20-03-2014 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

Have been to adare , cratloe woods, U.L and walk along Ennis road, just wondering is there any other nice walks in or around the city? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭tim3000

You could do the Canal Bank walk (I think its called the lough Derg way) Starts near Barringtons Hospital and takes you off out towards UL and Annacotty. You are flanked at your left by the river. Very nice on a sunny day.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Ballyhourigan woods in Newport. 1.5 hours up and around the forest and you can add another 4mins to the top of keeper hill if you wish.

You can also visit Coillte walks website for loads of other places.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭kittycati

Curraghchase, Gillogue-UL-keep going!! Clare glens...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,729 ✭✭✭✭phog

I love Clare Glens, the Tipp side can be mucky and I haven't been there since the storm so not sure what it's like with felled trees.

There's a nice walk in O'Brien's Bridge, up to the headrace and back by the canal or by sane route.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

phog wrote: »
    I love Clare Glens, the Tipp side can be mucky and I haven't been there since the storm so not sure what it's like with felled trees.

There's a nice walk in O'Brien's Bridge, up to the headrace and back by the canal or by sane route.

+1 for Clare Glens. Went there with my girlfriend and she loved it too. You'd really have to go on a very dry day though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Split

Lough Gur or Ballyhoura - Too beautiful spots on a fine day

• Registered Users Posts: 4,827 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

+1 for the canal! As mentioned it brings you out to UL. It's lovely at this time of year.

You can also turn off at the end of canal up the Shannon Fields. It's been all done up recently by Limerick Smarter Travel. It even has an outdoor gym.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

phog wrote: »

I fish on one of the upper swims along that walk. :) Is a nice walk especially from about April to late September when it is full of growth and life.

On a quiet day it is a wonderful stretch to be on as the natural sounds present a fantastic chill out soundtrack.

Advertisement