Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend Gloves / Mitts with good support pads

Options
  • 20-03-2014 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭

Am looking for a good pair for giving me comfort on the long spins.

Promised myself that I will dump those Lidl and Aldi gloves for a good pair in 2014. Am feeling the road too much and am starting to feel pain in hands on long spins.

So... any links to current sellers with stock in hand??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭JMcL

Sikpupi wrote: »
    Am looking for a good pair for giving me comfort on the long spins.

Promised myself that I will dump those Lidl and Aldi gloves for a good pair in 2014. Am feeling the road too much and am starting to feel pain in hands on long spins.

So... any links to current sellers with stock in hand??

Gloves are always a bit of a personal thing, but I used to suffer badly from numbness in the heal of my hand. I've always personally found Specialized quite good in terms of padding (too much can be a bad thing too!).

Another idea might be to consider a bike fit, as since having one I've been able to use a wider variety of gloves since I don't have as much pressure on the hands

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

I prefer to keep the gloves lighter and add some padding under the bar tape when wrapping the bars. YMMV.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Diggabot

I have a pair of these Specialized ones which are a bit pricey but very comfortable.

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/specialized/body-geometry-gel-mitt-ec043367

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭thekooman

Advertisement