Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finally, a decent vape, for me anyway!

Options
  • 20-03-2014 10:14pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭

After 10 months of mostly enjoying vaping, but getting weary of cheap clearos that work for a day or so I got a Boge F16.

Great consistent vape, good flavour and throat hit with 24mg.

I was never going to go back on cigs, but this makes vaping even better for me!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭accaguest

I think I'll try these. They seem to still be used a lot even as people move to cleomizers more.

I'm so used to a tapered/rounded drip-tip though I don't know how comfortable I'll find it in my mouth. Is this a problem for you?

I still 'borrow' the mother's cig-a-like sometimes as I find it different/nice compared to my clearo although it hits my stomach a bit more. That could be the juice though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

accaguest wrote: »
    I'm so used to a tapered/rounded drip-tip though I don't know how comfortable I'll find it in my mouth. Is this a problem for you?

You fit your own drip tip into cartos. Fit iiiiiiiiit.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭Going Forward

I think I'll try these. They seem to still be used a lot even as people move to cleomizers more.

I still 'borrow' the mother's cig-a-like sometimes as I find it different/nice compared to my clearo although it hits my stomach a bit more. That could be the juice though.

The tip it came with is round, thats all I'm used to!!

I tried to fit another push-in one to try as a spare which looked identical from a diffeent thing and it wouldnt fit though. Everything else I have is screw in.

Anyway go ahead and get one and report back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

I "discovered" cartos a couple of months ago and haven't looked back.

There is an F17 now http://www.ezsmoke.ie/boge-cartomizer-tank-p-349.html?osCsid=8ec42897dead2fdec1e15bf3965ce581

Ah, ok. I was confused. I didn't know these could go in a tank etc. In a tank is the air draw really tight?

They (the F17s anyway) look very nice on a ego-style battery and hold 3.5ml.:eek:

http://www.ezsmoke.ie/images/boge%20f17-on-%20ego-evod-battery-with%20ring.jpg

Damn it, more spending I feel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

I didn't know these could go in a tank etc. In a tank is the air draw really tight?

Same draw, the air comes from holes just above the threads but below the edge of the carto's wall.

Ah, ok. I was confused. I didn't know these could go in a tank etc. In a tank is the air draw really tight?

They (the F17s anyway) look very nice on a ego-style battery and hold 3.5ml.:eek:

http://www.ezsmoke.ie/images/boge%20f17-on-%20ego-evod-battery-with%20ring.jpg

Damn it, more spending I feel.

This is how I figured it out. A cartomiser is what cigalikes use. With a tank, you effectively punch a hole in the carto and immerse it in a tank, with the thread sticking out one end and the open end the other.

The tank effectively tops up the cartomiser so it never runs out.

There are loads of tanks , but they will pretty much all take a Boge carto in either standard size (35mm) or Xl (45 mm).

I use a tank on a Nemesis mod.

...A cartomiser is what cigalikes use. With a tank, you effectively punch a hole in the carto and immerse it in a tank...

Thanks, these will be my next purchase. Just trying to hold out as long as I can. :rolleyes:

Just to confirm;

If I wanted to use a carto like this on its own without a tank, I wouldn't buy it pre-punched?

and

Can I punch them myself without one of those tools (with a nail maybe)?

Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Finglas Incubus

Thanks again.

A carto punch makes the process much easier, if you're going to stick with the cartos then its wort the fiver. I'd say you could bag a hole in them with a carefully placed nail but it could be tricky without a vice or similar contraption.

If you're sticking a sub tank on the carto, I'd recommend a needle nosed bottle or a plain old needle and syringe, saves messing about.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

Carto punch here for €4.99

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭Going Forward

Thanks again.

Seen em use a Dremel.
    Problem with a nail is you'll probably dent the carto.

Also if there are any jagged edges on the hole it could theoretically damage the seal on the tank.

Carto punch works best, or acut a slot using a junior hacksaw.

I prefer to diy rather than buy with a hole.

Thanks all. Carto punch it is.

Thanks again for the heads-up on these, wish I'd gone the carto route sooner. Dunno why but I find them way softer on my throat and chest than clearos and I tend to chain vape so cartos ftw here. At SR I get a lot of use out of my VV as well now, going from 4.4 to 3.2 depending on my juice. Never moved out of 3.6-3.8 with my clearos for some reason. Also less of an 'oily' type vape for me and nice and cool vapour - the colder the better imo :D.

With the F17s though, is there a trick to re-wicking them when in the tank?

I'm finding I have to take them off and block the bottom airhole with some tissue to get the air bubbles appearing and the filler re-saturating. Anyone know a way around this? So far trying to do the same when on the battery is too airy to work for me.

Not a big deal but taking them on and off frequently is probably going to lead to a spillage eventually :o and I forgot initially and the filler looked awful dry.

Thanks.

Christ, this guy's using Dual Coils, so I hope he needs twice the amount I do to prime it, but I don't think I put anywhere near the amount he does in. I just dropped and waited.

80% of a tank. Bloody hell :eek:

(Starts about 2m30s)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭MonstaMash

They look like a serious pain in the ass to fill IMHO

But look how pretty it is!

tank.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

MonstaMash wrote: »
    They look like a serious pain in the ass to fill IMHO

Only the initial fill, and its more that it takes some time than actually being a pain.

+1 for the F16's btw, Having used clearo's for a year, then switching to carto's at the start of the year, I'd just like to say that in my experience clearo's are junk, every single one I used(and i tried a lot). I actually don't understand why cartomisers are not more popular.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Yep, every single clearo that I ever tried was junk!!

Could never understand why people loved them. Also, it used to drive me mad when people recommended the clearo route to newbies. Probably put a lot of people off vaping.....

Its interesting to see a few people going the carto route again.

Advertisement