Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question re: selling phone

Options
  • 20-03-2014 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭

Quick question guys - got a new phone this week (Nexus 5) and have agreed to sell my Samsung S3 to a guy.

I've copied over everything I need, and I just want to wipe my old phone now. Is a Factory Reset sufficient or is there anything else I should do?

Thanks

Comments

If it was me I'd do a wipe cache and factory reset.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭TJ Mackie

If it was me I'd do a wipe cache and factory reset.

How would one wipe cache?

I'm slightly technically challenged :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭irishpancake

TJ Mackie wrote: »
    How would one wipe cache?

I'm slightly technically challenged :o

Settings/Storage/Cached Data.....tap this, you get an option to wipe all cached data for all apps.....tap OK

If you can get into recovery, you could wipe the cache partition there, but its the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I would go through phone after doing a factory reset to see if things are left. I bought a second hand phone off a guy who done a factory reset and I was deleting pic of his child for ages. He must have just had the child as he had a ton of pics and it it was a todler.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

What I'd do is install a custom recovery, then format the internal sd card, then factory reset. That should wipe everything.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Gokei

acalmenvoy wrote: »
    What I'd do is install a custom recovery, then format the internal sd card, then factory reset. That should wipe everything.

He said he technically challenged

Advertisement