Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Classes? Or anyone want a nixer?

Options
  • 20-03-2014 6:53pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Heya,

I'm trying to find classes for learning Wood Turning but JoeLaird.com cant be contacted as far as I can see (are they still going? phone disconnected, no reply from emails) and I've tried a few schools/tec's and either they don't do it or they dont start till sept!

Does anyone know of somewhere that teaches lathe work?

Or does anyone want to teach me and I'll pay (well!) for a couple of hours tuition a week in my own workshop?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭woodturner

DeVore wrote: »
    Heya,

I'm trying to find classes for learning Wood Turning but JoeLaird.com cant be contacted as far as I can see (are they still going? phone disconnected, no reply from emails) and I've tried a few schools/tec's and either they don't do it or they dont start till sept!

Does anyone know of somewhere that teaches lathe work?

Or does anyone want to teach me and I'll pay (well!) for a couple of hours tuition a week in my own workshop?

Where abouts are you from?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Near Coolock on the Malahide road.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Stanirish

http://www.eastcentralchapter.com/images/East%20Central%20Brochure%202014.pdf this might interest you - cannot help with Joe Laird, but he may be on holiday for a week or something, as he usually top mark for contact - have you tried texting him on his mobile ?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

His mobile voicemail is full and the main number is disconnected it seems. Mail was unanswered but maybe as you say he could be on holiday? I'll text tomorrow and see if that gets through, but seems... weird.

That "East Central Chapter" looks good, I think I'll pop along on the 12th.

• Advertisement

Joe Laird got back to me (he had been on a weeks holidays!) and helped me find someone in my area who he said can teach me a lot about turning. So, I'm on the road. Thanks for the help... have to say, every single turner I've talked too seemed really decent and helpful! :)

Advertisement