Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maplin 5MP PC Compact Film and Slide Scanner £10

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭camz09

Is this UK only? Wonder if it's the same price in Maplin here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭faolteam

camz09 wrote: »
    Is this UK only? Wonder if it's the same price in Maplin here.

you can book in jervis dublin its on the list

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Thanks, I think I'll send this to Parcel Motel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭RDM_83 again

I think I have this model which I picked up for around 15 quid. It does the job and for the price its pretty decent but don't expect great results especially if you blow it up, for example there is no way to focus when your taking a picture of the negative, I don't think you can adjust the amount of light coming out of the LED's and I am sure there is other problems that I can;t remember. That said it works fine for pictures for Facebook and its handy if you still use film occasionally to just pay for development run them through the scanner and if your like myself just get proper large prints of the 6 or 7 photo's that are worth it in a roll.

Thanks, I think I'll send this to Parcel Motel.

alan you dont have to use parcel motel just book it wait for the confirmation either pay there and then or pay in store in jervis street, it will cost €15 in shop

good price cant go wrong

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

how do you mean it's "on the list" - I can only see UK stores when I search availability? Thanks.

hit the store finder then, then when map pops up hit southern ireland then scroll down and u see blancharstown, jervis etc

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Reesy

Nice BA! However it seems I can't book one any more - seems they are nearly all gone, & only available in certain stores. Feck. Best wait till they are back I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭padair

Can you put a roll through of do the negatives need to be cut into 5s and 6s

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Troy McClure

I couldn't find anything in Jervis or even in Dublin..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭RDM_83 again

padair wrote: »
    Can you put a roll through of do the negatives need to be cut into 5s and 6s

Cut into 5 or 6's AFAIK, it does have a different tray for slides which is handy though

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Reesy

Maplins just told me it's discontinued...

Advertisement