Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IFJ CAP information meetings

Options
  • 20-03-2014 11:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭

These meetings are well worth going to, Department are attending and talked to anyone with queries after the meeting.
    Subsidies are the main part of drystock farmers income now, it's vital to get all the information you can

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭micraX

Anything relivent to market gardening?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭rancher

micraX wrote: »

I doubt it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

Can you post up where there being held and what time?
    I rarely read IFJ now. Haven't the time

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭micraX

rancher wrote: »
    I doubt it

Typical always about cows and grass.. Should be renamed "The Irish Grassland Farmers Journal"..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭rancher

Can you post up where there being held and what time?
    I rarely read IFJ now. Haven't the time

Its in the Dolmen, Carlow tonight @8pm

https://www.facebook.com/IrishFarmersJournal/photos/a.298336023834.193068.208480693834/10152672994773835/?type=1&theater

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭bikes

Mullingar one was on Tuesday night,plenty of information , Peter Young was able to answer more questions than the department.They give you a card for your questions and a representative asks the panel all of the queries. You can ask the panel your personal questions after the meeting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

rancher wrote: »

Won't make that anyway. I'm putting out silage now

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Damo810

From the Fb comments..
    The presentations will be available on our website tomorrow and we'll be steaming the event live from Cork- will post details on our page nearer to the time.

So if ye can't make the meetings hopefully you will be able to catch the presentation from Cork which is on the 10th of April.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭newholland mad

Out of curiosity what % of farmers are grass based farmers ie. dairy beef sheep vs. protected crops, by the way i have very little grass.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Farmer

Look at slide 12 here. It might be worth a phone call - you've nothing to lose (contact details on last slide)

All the presentations are available on the IFJ site http://www.farmersjournal.ie/cap-meetings-the-impact-of-cap-reforms-on-your-farm-income-155992/

As the OP said, it's important that people understand it all especially if you are

Buying/selling entitlements,
    Inheriting or any change in ownership,
    Qualify as a young farmer (5 year top up),
    You are actively farming with no entitlements (Scottish derogation),
    You have been penalized in 2013, (understand how entitlements are brought forward based on total value of 2014 entitlements even if not all claimed, divided by number of 2013 or 2015 eligible hectares, which ever is lesser
    The 10.5% overall reduction
    How convergence will affect you
    ....etc.

• Advertisement
Advertisement