Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Choosing new parlour

Options
  • 20-03-2014 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Trying to buy a new milking parlour at the moment but so much stuff to take into consideration I've been too see 4 makes and all have good and bad points . The one impressed me most is the Fullwood parlour . The level of fitting and finish was better than the other makes I seen with no plastic in sight either
    Any one else think the same?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭blackdog1

Kk man wrote: »
    Trying to buy a new milking parlour at the moment but so much stuff to take into consideration I've been too see 4 makes and all have good and bad points . The one impressed me most is the Fullwood parlour . The level of fitting and finish was better than the other makes I seen with no plastic in sight either

I have dairymaster and im happy enough. Make sure you get s good fitter. Makes the diff from a good parlour and a crap one. Heard stories of people with same parlour and diff fitting crew and the diff was huge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭awaywithyou

Of all the parlours we saw... Def fullwood was the best... Fine parlour... Very reliable and so on... Unfortunately they gave us a price and there was no budging on it... In the end we didn't go with them because of the price... As both dairymaster and delaval came in a good bit under them but def a fine parlour

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭joejobrien

Dairymaster here too. Level of finish is far better than alot of palours that was seen at the time. Materials were heavier and little or no welding on site, so no rusty joint unlike some palours. Consider wheather your milking 365 or shuttin down ,ask the question can they install a palour in a day and get you mlking by evening? operation of gates, bails etc are very light to use and position of cow is excellent and comfortable for the cow. ask about backup service it has to be 24/7 and talk to some farmers with experience of Fullwoods

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

What parts are plastic? I haven't seen any of these new parlours so just wondering.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Kk man

In some plants all the stainless pipes were joined with plastic joiners and it most cases seemed to be loose and leaking compared to the stainless joiners
    Made the plants look older and cheap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,194 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Have an older Dairymaster, and the milk line had no joiners, all welded and polished welds. Nylon joiners at ends of pipes, but only a minimum, and you need some joiners to take it apart if ever needed for a clean out. Def your fitter is the key to a good experience and a disaster waiting to happen.

Advertisement