Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet Connection is Unstable

Options
  • 20-03-2014 9:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭

Since updating my Galaxy S4 to Kit Kat my phone is regularly showing this message
    So therefore drops the wifi connection. Getting very annoying. Anyone any ideas how to fix this problem?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

pad199207 wrote: »
    Since updating my Galaxy S4 to Kit Kat my phone is regularly showing this message
    So therefore drops the wifi connection. Getting very annoying. Anyone any ideas how to fix this problem?

If you change channel on your router to one with less interference, also change your router from "mixed b,g and n", to one of them it will make a difference.
    This message is known on that version of Android.

If you want to check the noisiest channels in your area you could download Netstumbler on your PC and run it (Or any of these tools).

Also, for your Phone or Android device, you could download Wifi Analyzer and see what channels are best avoided in your area.

So, for example, instead of being on :
    802.11 Mode Mixed B,G and N
    Channel 1
    You should now have changed to :
    802.11 Mode B
    Channel 6

Advertisement