Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RPi - Xbian - SD card repair? Recovery?

Options
  • 19-03-2014 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭

HI folks,

I've spent the last couple of weeks gettind my pi set up nicely - deluge and sickbeard working well together and all the rest.

Yesterday while changing power adaptors I seem to have messed up the SD card. The pi no longer boots up properly.

I used fsck to try and repair the card. However it still shows a bad sector.

Looking at the card in a file manager many things seem ok. There are 3 partitions - swop, xbian-boot and xbian-beta.

I would like to try and recover all my settings if possible.

Using dd I copied the card to my desktop.

If I install xbian onto the card again and then copy the existing xbian-beta partition would that do the trick?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭excollier

I've lost count of the number of cards/os I have corrupted by brown - outs/ blackouts and accidentally unplugging power from my Pi....the only way is to re-install., and the only contingency is to keep two cards set up identically, it will happen again, so a quick swap out can be made then re-flash the corrupted card ready for next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭hooplah

Yeah I have set things up again - annoyingly I haven't yet got deluge and sickbeard playing as well together as last time. Once I get that sorted I'll back up the card as you suggest.

Advertisement