Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Portmarnock to Pearse travel time on DART

Options
  • 19-03-2014 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭

Hi just wondering if anybody gets the above route into town in the mornings? How long on average does it take to be in town at about 8:45.

Also what's parking like at the station and is the weekly parking ticket still €10?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭thesteve

The travel times are on irishrail.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭PCros

Thanks for the reply but I was looking for first hand accounts etc.

Can those times be confirmed as reliable?

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭thesteve

Give or take a few mins, they're never drastically late unless there's a fault on the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Parking not great, never is anywhere, timewise you're looking at 20-25 minutes. I'd grab a slightly earlier train than perhaps needed if you want to be sure of arriving bang on time.

Still €2 a day for parking, yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Rushwan

Some mainline (Drogheda) trains also serve Portmarnock, may serve Clongriffin and/or Howth Junction but then go directly to Connolly, worth looking up timetables to see shortest travel time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Gumble01

Rushwan wrote: »
    Some mainline (Drogheda) trains also serve Portmarnock, may serve Clongriffin and/or Howth Junction but then go directly to Connolly, worth looking up timetables to see shortest travel time

its about 10 mins to connolly from portmarnock on the commuter trains

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭PCros

sdeire wrote: »
    Parking not great, never is anywhere, timewise you're looking at 20-25 minutes. I'd grab a slightly earlier train than perhaps needed if you want to be sure of arriving bang on time.

Still €2 a day for parking, yes.

Thanks for that.

Do you mean that Portmarnock is usually full with no spaces left?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

Gumble01 wrote: »
    its about 10 mins to connolly from portmarnock on the commuter trains

Nearer 20.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

PCros wrote: »
    Thanks for that.

Do you mean that Portmarnock is usually full with no spaces left?

Car park has been doubled in size in the last couple of years, but I don't park there, so can't comment. I've heard others say there's no problem, and there probably wouldn't be, given the latest train you'd want to be getting is the 8.11.

Advertisement