Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tuning in astra 19.2 on Silvercrest SL-65 and LPU403 from LIDL

Options
  • 19-03-2014 7:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

Hi
    I am trying to tun in channels on astra 19.2 with Silvercrest SL-65 Sat receiver and LPU403 LNB all from LIDL and brand new. The problem is that the SL-65 seems to crash and eventually reboots after a while but comes back with the ASTRA 23 channels. The same happens on Hotbird 13. It only workd on Astra 28.2E or Astra 23.5E.

Is this normal?

Also does Astra 28.2E and Astra 23.5E have the same stations on the same place?

Thanks

Seán
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,543 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Different satellites use similar tuning settings for some transponders. I can't speak for the Silvercrest specifically but usually basic boxes don't actually know (or care) which satellite they are receiving. They simply show whatever channels they found on a particular transponder setting. I have heard it mentioned before about a software bug that causes the hanging you mention.
    I trust you realise that you have to physically point the dish to different parts of the sky to get the different satellites you mention?

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Seán MacSuibhne

Different satellites use similar tuning settings for some transponders. I can't speak for the Silvercrest specifically but usually basic boxes don't actually know (or care) which satellite they are receiving. They simply show whatever channels they found on a particular transponder setting. I have heard it mentioned before about a software bug that causes the hanging you mention.
    I trust you realise that you have to physically point the dish to different parts of the sky to get the different satellites you mention?

I was wondering if the receiver picked up all channels at that position all right, as some signals were strong and others weak.

I came across this thread which mentioned a firmware update http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1605176
    and downloaded it from here:
    http://www.comag.de/en/pro.php?p=97

I do know that about different satellites being in different parts of the sky.

Thank you for answering and being so helpful and considerate.

Seán

Advertisement