Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Confused

Options
  • 19-03-2014 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Thanks for advice.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

If he's cancelled on you six times, honestly, he's not interested.

Just delete his number. You said to leave it and he didn't bother replying, so I guess that gives you your answer.

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Amazing87 wrote: »
    the excuses have mostly been called into work, relative died, been sick with the flu, tired etc I reckon maybe 6 dates he has canceled on me.

He sounds very unlucky.... :rolleyes:

The truth is OP, the signs were there, he just kept replying because you kept texting him. There are a certain percentage of guys - and girls - out there who just don't have the courage to say straight out that they aren't interested, and instead hope you get the hint and go away. The fact that he hasn't replied when you finally called him out on it would lend credence to this.

Don't let this experience taint your perspective - most guys aren't like this. But in the future, if you see that your efforts aren't being reciprocated, don't keep going back for more, week after week, and setting yourself up for more disappointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Amazing87

I know I should of called it off when he canceled after the second time. The thing is though he was the one texting and ringing me saying he really liked me. That's why I'm confused :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭Obliq

I don't know - he sounds like a player to me. Asking you on repeated dates? Then the dog ate his homework? Wouldn't surprise me if he already had a girlfriend and is waiting for a good opportunity to get away with meeting you.

I've only ever met a few who'd merit this description and they're nearly always very plausible. "Men" in general (not that you can generalise) don't do this at all, no more than women. You just got burned and it happens. My advice is delete, delete, delete and move on. Do not sit around waiting for another set-up. Back to the drawing board!

Quick edit: Why on earth do you feel angry at yourself?! Could happen to anyone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭Stavro Mueller

Amazing87 wrote: »
    I know I should have called it off when he cancelled after the second time. The thing is though he was the one texting and ringing me saying he really liked me. That's why I'm confused :(

Some people are full of hot air basically. Not just when it comes to dating but in life generally. They'll talk a good game, tell you what you want to hear but come up short when it comes to actually doing something. There are also people who'll happily text 'til the cows come home but won't ever follow through with an actual date.

I've found that paying attention to what a person does can tell you an awful lot more than what's coming out of their mouth. Instead of being annoyed at yourself, why not learn from this and be able to spot the warning signs in the future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jenneke87

Save yourself a lot of grief and sleepless nights. Find a guy who would cancel everything else to be with you, instead of canceling you.

Advertisement