Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

RGH Wiring Question

Options
  • 19-03-2014 6:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭

A friend had his RGH 360 stop booting all of a sudden, I opened it up and noticed one of the wires had come free of the coolrunner board, can anyone tell me where the wire belongs from the pic? i'll do a solder on it later and hopefully all will be well again.

(it's the green wire furthest south has come free)

IMG_20140315_152835_544_zps59fa5822.jpg

IMG_20140315_152731_293_zps89123f55.jpg

I'll get clearer pictures if necesary, my phone ain't the best camera.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mayto

Hard to make out from the pic, but is the green wire not connected to the coolrunner board? A close up of the coolrunner board would help alright. Its either rgh1 or rgh2 install but not definite on version of xbox you have. Google xbox 360 versions and xecuter rgh1 and rgh2.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

It's deffo off the coolrunner the top connection or second one down. I cannot be arsed to go through team xecuter website to check but OP go here and check. I'm pretty sure it's a RGH1 as it has a wire connected to the Hana.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

That's some install job right there - was there a problem with the correctly coloured wires in the coolrunner pack or something? Your photos are awful, use a better camera and give the console a blast of airduster or a rub of isopropyl to clean off the dust/dirt around the solder joints/coolrunner. Just because there's a wire connected to the HANA (C3B2) doesn't mean it's RGH1, because RGH2 also connects to the HANA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

That's some install job right there - was there a problem with the correctly coloured wires in the coolrunner pack or something? Your photos are awful, use a better camera and give the console a blast of airduster or a rub of isopropyl to clean off the dust/dirt around the solder joints/coolrunner. Just because there's a wire connected to the HANA (C3B2) doesn't mean it's RGH1, because RGH2 also connects to the HANA.

I didn't do the install in the first place, it was someone on here who did. I don't do those installs, just firmware flashing.

Got it sorted anyway, the green cable on the bottom had come loose from it's solder point, just reattached it and all is well now.

Advertisement