Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MacBook Pro Receipt

Options
  • 19-03-2014 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi, just wondering can any of you guys help?
    I purchased a MacBook pro in Argos about 10 months ago? I have the box and catalog number but cannot find my receipt anywhere?
    There is fault with my MacBook and Apple refuses to fix it without it? I was just wondering if someone could give me a copy of their receipt just for proof and it will still not effect their guarantee?

I have contacted argos and they can only source receipts back 13 weeks ago.

Thank You

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

I think the receipt will/should have the serial number of the machine on it too. If someone did give you a receipt, and tbh I don't why anyone would let theirs out of their sight, the serial number won't match with your machine and Apple/authorised reseller still won't touch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 SKe1

I think the receipt will/should have the serial number of the machine on it too. If someone did give you a receipt, and tbh I don't why anyone would let theirs out of their sight, the serial number won't match with your machine and Apple/authorised reseller still won't touch it.

Hi, no not with Argos the receipt only contains the proof of purchase but has no serial number it only contains the item, price and date of purchase etc! I would not ask if it would endanger anyone's guarantee but with Argos it won't! Thanks

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

How did you pay for it?

whiterebel wrote: »
    How did you pay for it?

With cash unfortunately :( that's why it can't be traced on there system!

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭boreder

My first question to Argos would be how could they validate a receipt of over 13 weeks old?

Would be difficult if they don't keep records beyond then.

It's BS.

• Advertisement

The receipt is just proof of purchase it is not useful for anything else.

Advertisement