Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pumping slurry between slatted tanks

Options
  • 19-03-2014 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭

I want to pump slurry between slatted houses as well as be able to recirculate slurry when mixing tanks. I have a pump agitator and lay flat hose which I find time consuming and laborious. Was thinking a permanent pipe set in concrete would be best for both re circulation and pumping between tanks. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Zr105

dungfly wrote: »
    I want to pump slurry between slatted houses as well as be able to recirculate slurry when mixing tanks. I have a pump agitator and lay flat hose which I find time consuming and laborious. Was thinking a permanent pipe set in concrete would be best for both re circulation and pumping between tanks. Any suggestions?

Seen a few set ups online where they just used ordinary 6inch wavin pipes buried, and the joints concreted! Not exactly sure how they managed to attach the slurry pipe into the wavin tho? Think basically once it's buried the clay surrounding it will support the pipe enough, with it only being the agitator it wont be under that much pressure, it's just the flow!

Will also add we have blown it though an ordinary twin wall pipe from a jetter nozzle attached up top on the pump, just had it supported with a few frames and good helping of silage wrap on the joint from the nozzle to the pipe! :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

Out of curiosity , how far could you pump slurry between tanks with an agitator ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Zr105

moy83 wrote: »
    Out of curiosity , how far could you pump slurry between tanks with an agitator ?

not really sure but the with the top jet, its handy enough blow it up to about 100ft, id say it would depend on the piping really...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,194 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

If the tanks are on the same level, and the slurry is fairly watery, I would imagine 200 foot manageable? Once you get it flowing, it will syphon itself along to a degree.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭satstheway

We used to pump salt water 220m through 63mm pipes that were attatched to the top of a slurry pump with a simple attachment and pipe clamp. But this was just water.

• Advertisement
Advertisement