Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smooth & skeletal muscle energy source

Options
  • 19-03-2014 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I've to compare energy sources for both smooth & skeletal muscles. I'm pretty sure on the energy source for skeletal muscle but completely lost on smooth muscle energy source. Does anyone have any tips or links to any info that might help me a bit more please? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

just a reminder that this isn't a "please do my homework for me site"

What do you think the energy sources are ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Kimellise

I never asked anybody to do my homework, I asked for tips or links to helpful info, not answers.

I know ATP obviously is energy and because skeletal muscles have two types of fibres they get their energy two ways, the aerobic & anaerobic way. I'm just not sure on smooth muscles. I know muscles all use the aerobic system first but I'm not sure if smooth muscles use both systems or if smooth muscles use a completely different system.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

the basic mechanisms are the same in both muscle types , just the ratios differ
    and the amounts of myoglobin

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Kimellise

Perfect, thank you. That makes things a bit clearer for me.

Advertisement