Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Americans Season 2 on UTV

Options
  • 19-03-2014 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Does anyone know if UTV are showing The Americans unedited?

A few years ago they used to butcher movies and TV episodes, just wondering if they have left this show alone.

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

There's no reason why they shouldn't, episodes are ~43minutes long, so plenty of room for ads built in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

Sorry, I didn't mean they cut it for ad breaks - UTV used to often chop movies/TV episodes of "adult content" - profanity in Robocop, beheadings in Supernatural, etc.

The Americans has quite a bit of sex so I imagine if UTV still censor stuff that they'll butcher this too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭brilou23

prob better wait for rte

brilou23 wrote: »
    prob better wait for rte

do you mean they still censor?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

From reading other forums, it seems that it was edit in the first episode where a scene was completely removed. I've only seen the version that included this scene.
    After Philip killed the two afghans in the restaurant, he was seen leaving the scene by a young looking waiter. The waiter said that he would say nothing, Phillip walked past him, then turned around and shot him in the head.

Having watched the next couple of episodes, it's not significant but it does get mentioned briefly again.

• Advertisement

From reading other forums, it seems that it was edit in the first episode where a scene was completely removed. I've only seen the version that included this scene.
    After Philip killed the two afghans in the restaurant, he was seen leaving the scene by a young looking waiter. The waiter said that he would say nothing, Phillip walked past him, then turned around and shot him in the head.

Having watched the next couple of episodes, it's not significant but it does get mentioned briefly again.

Thank you. I'll give it a miss until RTÉ show it.

Cheers.

Advertisement