Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Cracked i is Shockingly Awful Radio

Options
  • 19-03-2014 12:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭

I do not listen to radio that much at all.

I would not usually comment on it.

Now I mean I was raised in school listen to the lads talk about The Adrain Kennedy phone show.

So I happened to tune into this show....

Last week they said Slut like 50 times maybe more

and this week spoke about pissing threw out the show.

I mean that being said Fm104 have prob said worse but at least it was going somewhere with it.

These two go on and on and on and repeat.

Is this what radio come to ?

Also How are the BAI Broadcasting Authority of Ireland not doing anything about what they are saying ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭soc160

I do not listen to radio that much at all.

I would not usually comment on it.

Now I mean I was raised in school listen to the lads talk about The Adrain Kennedy phone show.

So I happened to tune into this show....

Last week they said Slut like 50 times maybe more

and this week spoke about pissing threw out the show.

I mean that being said Fm104 have prob said worse but at least it was going somewhere with it.

These two go on and on and on and repeat.

Is this what radio come to ?

Also How are the BAI Broadcasting Authority of Ireland not doing anything about what they are saying ?

Why are you writing this in a ridiculous disjointed fashion? Anyway, it has recently changed hosts, the old guys have gone to do a similar show on 2fm. It's meant to be a Hot Talk show of sorts aimed at a younger demographic, needles swearing does lessen the show somewhat though but it's not the same format as the Phoneshow on 104, not a debate going on but usually has some themes running through it separated by music.

The BAI are a strange bunch, they are there to impose the rules but not actively. They don't listen to all stations output all the time but if someone complains about something they will look into it, so they don't know what is being said on air on iRadio now so they can't do anything. Even if people who work in the BAI are listening they can't do anything until someone complains or they audit the station on that day. I'm sure in severe cases they can intervene.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

It's bad, especially now that they've lost Chris Green to 2fm. But it's still not as bad as Cooper and Una in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭roboshatner

How are they getting away with saying slut 50 times...and then pissing the other nite ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

How are they getting away with saying slut 50 times...and then pissing the other nite ?

Context. Same way you can be loose with some words when appropriate and can be understood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭soc160

Did you not read what I wrote... if no one is complaining they don't have a problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,904 ✭✭✭✭flazio

They do put out a warning that listener discretion is advised and it's aimed for over 18s.

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭roboshatner

still fairly shocking that radio have lowered this that level.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

It's on (mostly) after the watershed to be fair. A large percentage of shows I've listened to at that time have a bit of swearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Let us not forget the amount of language that, on occasion, slips through on daytime talk shows. Let us take a look at Adrian and Jeremy, for example. Niall Boylan, etc. On the flip side, Moncrieff and others use the cheeky 'feck' and others too.

It is really all about context. If you're listening to a certain programme, you can expect certain content. If you heard a caller on Joe Duffy was effing and blinding, you'd be shocked, but on something like Dublin Talks, you wouldn't. The Cracked I, and other programmes of that nature, are going to have things that don't suit everyone.

Advertisement