Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galaxy s3 formatted my sd!!

Options
  • 18-03-2014 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭

Was bringing my phone back to stock settings there a few minutes ago ive done this before it deletes the files off the phone fine. But its never ever formatted my sd card!!!

Seriously i cant believe this i have so much stuff on it things ill never ever be able to get back videos of my nana before she died my son since he was born all kinds of account details i have saved and maybe other things.

I am flipping here is there anyway i can possibly get these back threw the phone?

I dunno if i have this in the right section by the way.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Was bringing my phone back to stock settings there a few minutes ago ive done this before it deletes the files off the phone fine. But its never ever formatted my sd card!!!

Seriously i cant believe this i have so much stuff on it things ill never ever be able to get back videos of my nana before she died my son since he was born all kinds of account details i have saved and maybe other things.

I am flipping here is there anyway i can possibly get these back threw the phone?

I dunno if i have this in the right section by the way.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but in short, no.

I did the same thing to my wifes sgs3 back in Oct (near Halloween time) and sat for almost 48hrs trying to get pics back to no avail.

Samsung changed some setting preventing you from being able to mount the phone as an external drive (which would mean you could try some data recovery programme), but in short it's not good.

Pain in the bac kside, and you better believe me when I say I got a hard time from the OH.

One thing that did come out of it was that she now sees the benefits of syncing with Dropbox and plus etc.

Sorry to hear of your troubles btw. I know exactly what you're going through. I

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

I did the same thing to my wifes sgs3 back in Oct (near Halloween time) and sat for almost 48hrs trying to get pics back to no avail.

Samsung changed some setting preventing you from being able to mount the phone as an external drive (which would mean you could try some data recovery programme), but in short it's not good.

Pain in the bac kside, and you better believe me when I say I got a hard time from the OH.

One thing that did come out of it was that she now sees the benefits of syncing with Dropbox and plus etc.

Feck!

I dunno what it did differently this time to before because it never wipes everything even when u do a full wipe it just wipes the phones set up not all of ur internal sd.

Im really pissed off cause believe me i backup everything normally i have 4 hard drives outside of my pc with at least 2 of everything ffs.

I really taught the stuff on my phone was safe :(

It wouldnt bother me so much its just the fact ive lost pictures and videos im never ever gonna have change to get again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I take it you don't have auto backup switched on so that your photos are automatically synched to the cloud?

ThisRegard wrote: »
    I take it you don't have auto backup switched on so that your photos are automatically synched to the cloud?

No I never did...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

http://www.piriform.com/recuva There should be an option to recover from format, used it a few times works very well once the drive or SD card in this case hasn't be written too.

In regards to your SD card, very foolish not to create a backup especially with important files, flash memory is very unreliable.

• Advertisement

stevek93 wrote: »
    http://www.piriform.com/recuva There should be an option to recover from format, used it a few times works very well once the drive or SD card in this case hasn't be written too.

I have it actually but I take it theres no way of recovering the internal sd on the phone right?

I think your are right they have removed the setting to act as a single drive via USB can't find it here on the phone either, you can always use a card reader though.

I have it actually but I take it theres no way of recovering the internal sd on the phone right?

There is a few recovery apps on the store just checked but you need root access.

Edit: Apologies I thought you formatted the external SD card.

Advertisement