Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Public IP Address - Software Monitor

Options
  • 18-03-2014 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,810 ✭✭✭

Ok I have 2 DSL connection in 2 different sites, on Dynamic Public IP address

I have CCTV on both sites, I used to use DYNDNS but they no charge for this service,

Im just wondering is there another software application that would email me once the public IP address changed

Many Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,377 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,810 ✭✭✭tech

Cool Thanks :)

I found this one but the pc's I need to install it on require .net and as these pcs are locked down and I can update these any further due to 3rd part software on them :(

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

tech wrote: »
    Cool Thanks :)

I found this one but the pc's I need to install it on require .net and as these pcs are locked down and I can update these any further due to 3rd part software on them :(

Do you own these computers? What 3rd party software?

.net framework can be gotten from Microsoft's website. It's free to download.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭knotknowbody

http://www.noip.com/managed-dns

An alternative to Dyn-DNS, they offer a free DDNS service similar to what Dyn-DNS used to provide.

any other software I could use?

• Advertisement

anyone?>

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

http://www.directupdate.net/index.php/download-du

or get a wrtg or something and run a script on it

thanks do you know of any good free software?

Advertisement