Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which wood is better?

Options
  • 18-03-2014 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭

Looking at an acacia or a monkey pod table. Which wood is considered better quality, more durable, more expensive?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

Looking at an acacia or a monkey pod table. Which wood is considered better quality, more durable, more expensive?
    Thanks

What kind of tables are they?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

What kind of tables are they?

Dining room tables. Say about 2.5m long and 1m wide from one piece.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,619 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Thanks

My guess would be mahogany.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

blue5000 wrote: »
    My guess would be mahogany.

You sound like my other half :-D
    The choice is between Acaicia and Monkey pod

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

Dining room tables. Say about 2.5m long and 1m wide from one piece.

You actually know of somebody selling these woods. ? From memory Acacia is bland and Monkey puzzle full of big knots. You will need to source them from a sawmill and I doubt you will find them in one meter wide - but best of luck.

• Advertisement

These tables are commercially available. The pieces are taken from the centre of trees and are between 90 cm and 125 cm or so depending on the tree.
    So you wld say they are of equal quality?

Advertisement