Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

politicians and farming

Options
  • 18-03-2014 9:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭

I just had a local politician arrive canvassing for votes, i got caught on the hop and couldnt pop any decent questions at them, im trying to compile a list of questions for the next arse that arrives, all help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭TITANIUM.

Miname wrote: »
    I just had a local politician arrive canvassing for votes, i got caught on the hop and couldnt pop any decent questions at them, im trying to compile a list of questions for the next arse that arrives, all help appreciated.

Maybe im overly cynical but think your wasting your time Mi. They'll just tell you what you want to hear or close to it and do sweet fcuk all when it comes to it.
    Just outta curiosity, whos your local TD?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭exercise is the antidote

What's the weekly wage like???:D that's all they are after...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

Miname wrote: »

Ask them "broad" questions on farming issues. Don't narrow the question down to where they can deduce your view of it, cos then you'll just get told what you want to hear.

Also try to get them to separate their party line and sound them out for personal views.

Like them or loathe them, they're there, we're paying for them, so make use of them.

Advertisement