Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

travel or relationship

Options
  • 18-03-2014 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Thanks for any advice given.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

I found it really hard to make much sense but I assume its a choice between working in Australia or your GF?

If you regret coming home and want to go back out then I suggest you go. If you cant talk your GF around to the idea then maybe its not meant to be. Although I could have picked that up all wrong muddling through that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

That was REALLY hard work trying to muddle through your post.

If I picked you up correctly, then I would suggest you go back to Oz and if you feel this girl is going to ruin the experience for you then I suggest you call it a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

I'm inclined towards the view that if there is a choice to be made between travel and a relationship, the person wondering about it should take the travel option.

Because if you can't easily decide, you are not properly committed to the relationship.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi there, I think you need to put your post into paragraphs, might be easier to read and you may get more replies.

1. You mention your girlfriend and sister dont see eye to eye, is this the reason you are considering goin back to Australia?

2. You say you regret coming home and the reasons for that are that you had better job prospects over there, you say you 'want' to go back and 'can' get work over there, it comes across that you are strongly considering it and looking for confirmation on your decision, I think you have to make that decision yourself.

3. You say your girlfriend is a homebird and you are afraid that as she would find the experience tough, it will ruin what you want to do. This to me shows doubts in your relationship and I would be of tne opinion that if you do decide to go back and as it is your second time, you need to be 100% sure that she understands what's ahead, if you are planning on working in the mines, from what I think, youd be away for weeks at a time, your girlfriend needs to understand this and be supportive

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

At this stage I would be honest with your girlfriend and tell her that you are planning to move back to Aus to work in the mines and to save money.
    I would say to her due to this I want to end things with you.

I know a married couple with a child who are both working abroad at the moment.
    They both work hard and he works very long hours but long term they hope to come back to Ireland and be mortgage free.
    For this to work both people have to be prepared to work long hours and be happy to live abroad for a few years. A home bird will find this hard going.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

you need to be 100% sure that she understands what's ahead, if you are planning on working in the mines, from what I think, youd be away for weeks at a time, your girlfriend needs to understand this and be supportive

This OP. If she goes with you she will be on her own for weeks so will really find it tough going and she needs to understand that. I think you should go - Im always one for supporting new adventures but you need to sit down with her and explain your reasoning for going and if you still want to stay together.

Advertisement