Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First nitro R.C car opinions ?

Options
  • 18-03-2014 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭

Im hoping to buy my first nitro rc car over the summer but im not sure what i should get.

I want it to be:

Nitro powered
    1/5 or 1/8 scale
    have parts that are easy to source
    Be easy enough to work on

I have around €150 to spend. What would you recommend and what advice would you have for someone starting in nitro

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭The Doktor

the best advice anyone will give you is to go ant talk to guys at a club running the scales you are interested in.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Altoid

Hi,

I agree with the Doktor - I've been in the hobby racing 1/8th scale Nitro off-road for a few years and when I started I got all my advice and ideas from the club in Navan.

Where are you based? There are clubs in Navan, Cork and a few others around.

Are you looking for off-road or on-road?

There is a club race in Navan this Sunday. The site is www.nnn.ie

- Al.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭sw33t_r3v3ng3

Altoid wrote: »
    Hi,

I agree with the Doktor - I've been in the hobby racing 1/8th scale Nitro off-road for a few years and when I started I got all my advice and ideas from the club in Navan.

Where are you based? There are clubs in Navan, Cork and a few others around.

Are you looking for off-road or on-road?

There is a club race in Navan this Sunday. The site is www.nnn.ie

- Al.

Im about a half hour from cork city, im not really looking to join a club at the moment, maybe in the future though. Im looking for an on road car.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭CNTRLR

Im about a half hour from cork city, im not really looking to join a club at the moment, maybe in the future though. Im looking for an on road car.

as dok says above go along to a club evening, you will see if you like the hobby or not, 150 is not a huge amount to spend but you might find someone at the club who has something for sale.

If you prefer to stay away from a club and do things yourself, have a read up online about electric or nitro and pick which ever suits you best,
    if all else fails and you just want to spend the money have a look at hobbyking they have plenty of cars to choose from, especially for people like me who don't attend clubs etc, i use my nitro truck on the beach or on a field near the house,

but one warning about hobby king, make sure you order from the european/uk warehouse and not the international, as it will take a few weeks to be delivered from china, and you will more than likely have to pay tax on the import.

Advertisement