Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap Google Play Music All Access

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

I just see that Google play movies and TV is now available in 60 countries with new countries including Benin, El Salvador, Costa Rica.

However in the country which is their European base, which also saves them billions each year through our low corporation tax they decided to not to allow their services in this country.

Cheers Google.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

I just see that Google play movies and TV is now available in 60 countries with new countries including Benin, El Salvador, Costa Rica.

However in the country which is their European base, which also saves them billions each year through our low corporation tax they decided to not to allow their services in this country.

Cheers Google.
    Is this down to our antiquated laws and licensing?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Is this down to our antiquated laws and licensing?

Apple and Microsoft found a way to give us access to movies. Can't see why Google can't find a way

• Registered Users Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Apple have a crazy amount of clout. They command the market, as they do with the iPhone.
    They hold a lot of power, something which Google is only starting to achieve.

If Google could, they'd shove services out to all countries,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

We are prime candidates for all things Google really. I would like to think we would be ideal beta testers for all their devices and services.
    We speak English, we are relatively well off and can afford stuff, we are educated and we are a small population. Really perfect for trying stuff out on.
    I don't know why we don't get stuff as we also have the Google headquarters in Dublin which should give us an advantage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

We are prime candidates for all things Google really. I would like to think we would be ideal beta testers for all their devices and services.
    We speak English, we are relatively well off and can afford stuff, we are educated and we are a small population. Really perfect for trying stuff out on.
    I don't know why we don't get stuff as we also have the Google headquarters in Dublin which should give us an advantage.

I've been wondering this exact same thing for years.

The only argument I can think of at the moment for certain services not happening is digital media rights, IMRA etc. It might not be worth the time for Google to both negotiating for such a small customer base.

Advertisement